Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lake Mead water levels lowest since 1937!!!

I just read this and never knew the water was SOOO low.

Article below and there is a video on the link. Does anyone out there have any pics they can share with us?

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/...0LZoy6XLQ.cspx

Lake Mead water levels falling to lowest since 1937

BOULDER CITY, Nev. (KSNV & MyNews3) -- Lake Mead, the valley's primary source of drinking water, continues to shrink under the crippling drought. This week the water level at Lake Mead is expected to hit its lowest level since 1937.

Despite the rain and the flash floods from Mount Charleston, no amount of runoff is enough to replenish Lake Mead.

One doesn't have to look very closely to see the white rings around Lake Mead, which show where the water level used to be.

"We're very concerned about the continued drought of course; we're in the fourteenth year of drought," said Jayne Harkins with the Colorado River Commission.

Harkins is keeping a close eye on the lake and this week she says the water level is expected to drop to 1,081 feet, which is 23.5 feet lower than last year.

A drop to 1,075 feet could force reductions in the amount of water being pumped from the lake, and in turn affect the water available for consumption.

The good news is the community has conserved enough water so that they won't see the impact of those reductions.

Harkins said the lake isn’t expected to get this low for another two years, and even when it does she says southern Nevadans likely won’t be impacted right away.

The Colorado River Commission meets Tuesday afternoon to discuss Lake Mead and Conservation Efforts. The meeting will be at the Grant Sawyer Building at 1 p.m.

Pics when I was there in feb.

Lake Mead water levels lowest since 1937!!!

Callville Bay's closed main launch ramp, taken last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images  

At what level do the generators not have enough pressure to turn? That'll be more impactful than the water shortage.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    At what level do the generators not have enough pressure to turn? That'll be more impactful than the water shortage.
    I think 1050 is the minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Primecut View Post
    I think 1050 is the minimum

So in Theory, it could happen next year if its at 1081 now and already dropped about 24ft since last year???

Funny this thing called a drought has no effect on Powell, which is above Mead. Total bullshit, the FEDS are continuing their back fill of Powell as I type. The water in Mead is being sent down to the rivers south of the border in Mexico per a water agreement from years ago. Powell is at a near all time high, not at it's highest level possible but at it's all time high. CallVille looks horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by pvhca1 View Post
    Funny this thing called a drought has no effect on Powell, which is above Mead. Total bullshit, the FEDS are continuing their back fill of Powell as I type. The water in Mead is being sent down to the rivers south of the border in Mexico per a water agreement from years ago. Powell is at a near all time high, not at it's highest level possible but at it's all time high. CallVille looks horrible.
    Hmmmmmm

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by pvhca1 View Post
    Well,,,, thats at least good,,, I'm planning a 12 day Powell trip next summer,,, :0)....
    CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?!?... :0D...
    http://youtu.be/SvQKEvYW8QU

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Bear View Post
    Well,,,, thats at least good,,, I'm planning a 12 day Powell trip next summer,,, :0)....
    With the Little Friends?

Sent from my Bat Cave