Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

WTF News Article Thread

I come across weird, off the wall news articles from time to time and figured I could post them here.
    Anyone else have any WTF type articles?

Here is a good one from Florida...

'Crazy' cat attacks, traps couple inside Volusia County home

A "crazy" cat attacked and terrorized its owners, trapping the couple inside their Volusia County home.

A woman called 911 over the weekend from her DeLand home, asking for police to remove the animal, a 4-year-old cat named Kush.

"I just called about my crazy cat. ... She tore me and my husband up," the woman said. "We're ripped up."

The woman told the 911 dispatcher that she may have accidentally stepped on the cat, which she's owned for four years.

"She freaked out. ... She's got us locked in our bedroom," the woman said. "She's never been like this."

The woman said she and her husband would not be able to open the door for officers once they arrived.

"We just need her out of her house. We don't know what to do," the woman said. "I can't get to the door to let anybody in. There's no way to get out. I love this cat to death, but I've never seen her act like this."

The woman told 911 that the cat was not current on its shots.

[LISTEN: Woman calls 911 about her 'crazy' cat]

"I took her to the vet about six months ago to get everything done and they called me and told me to come get her because she freaked out on them, and they wouldn't (treat) her," the woman said.

The woman is then heard on the 911 call yelling to an officer.

"We're trapped," the woman said.

[SEE THESE? Worst tattoos ever | Tattoo spell check | Fashionable felons | Office signs]

DeLand Animal Control officers arrived later and removed the cat, which will be quarantined for 10 days.

The woman and her husband refused to be taken to a hospital for treatment to cuts and scratches on their arms and legs.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/cra...-home/26826996

Here is a feel good story....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/09...cmp=latestnews

Frontier Airlines pilot buys pizza for stranded passengers on flight

A Frontier Airlines pilot helped take some of the sting out of an hours-long delay by ordering pizza for every passenger on his plane Monday evening.

The saga of Frontier Airlines Flight 719 began at around 7:40 p.m. Eastern Time Monday when the plane left Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, bound for Denver one hour behind schedule.

Bad weather in the Denver area forced the plane to circle over western Nebraska before low fuel levels forced it to land at Cheyenne Regional Airport in southeastern Wyoming. At that point, with 160 hungry passengers becoming increasingly agitated inside the hot plane, the pilot, whose name has not been released, took command of the situation.

"He said 'Ladies and gentleman, Frontier Airlines is known for being one of the cheapest airlines in the US, but your captain is not cheap,' passenger Logan Marie Torres told KDVR. "'I just ordered pizza for the entire plane.'"

Cheyenne Domino's Pizza manager Andrew Ritchie told The Associated Press that he got a call from the plane at about 10 p.m. local time Monday, just as he was about to send employees home. Ritchie said the pilot told him he needed to feed 160 people -- fast.

"I put my hand over the phone and I said: `Guys, you're coming back,' " Ritchie said, recalling what he told his employees.

In all, Ritchie said his crew made about 35 pizzas and delivered them to the airport, where the driver handed the food off to flight attendants. That number of pizzas is usually what the store handles in an entire hour. This time, Ritchie's employees needed to make them and deliver them in about 30 minutes.

But that didn't deter his co-workers, Ritchie said.

"Actually, they were super excited. They had a blast. It was a challenge," he said. "It was definitely one of those `challenge accepted' moments in time."

Flight 719 left Cheyenne at approximately 10:30 p.m. local time, soon after the special delivery. It arrived at Denver International Airport just after midnight, nearly five hours after its scheduled landing.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Here is a feel good story....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/09...cmp=latestnews

Frontier Airlines pilot buys pizza for stranded passengers on flight

A Frontier Airlines pilot helped take some of the sting out of an hours-long delay by ordering pizza for every passenger on his plane Monday evening.

The saga of Frontier Airlines Flight 719 began at around 7:40 p.m. Eastern Time Monday when the plane left Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, bound for Denver one hour behind schedule.

Bad weather in the Denver area forced the plane to circle over western Nebraska before low fuel levels forced it to land at Cheyenne Regional Airport in southeastern Wyoming. At that point, with 160 hungry passengers becoming increasingly agitated inside the hot plane, the pilot, whose name has not been released, took command of the situation.

"He said 'Ladies and gentleman, Frontier Airlines is known for being one of the cheapest airlines in the US, but your captain is not cheap,' passenger Logan Marie Torres told KDVR. "'I just ordered pizza for the entire plane.'"

Cheyenne Domino's Pizza manager Andrew Ritchie told The Associated Press that he got a call from the plane at about 10 p.m. local time Monday, just as he was about to send employees home. Ritchie said the pilot told him he needed to feed 160 people -- fast.

"I put my hand over the phone and I said: `Guys, you're coming back,' " Ritchie said, recalling what he told his employees.

In all, Ritchie said his crew made about 35 pizzas and delivered them to the airport, where the driver handed the food off to flight attendants. That number of pizzas is usually what the store handles in an entire hour. This time, Ritchie's employees needed to make them and deliver them in about 30 minutes.

But that didn't deter his co-workers, Ritchie said.

"Actually, they were super excited. They had a blast. It was a challenge," he said. "It was definitely one of those `challenge accepted' moments in time."

Flight 719 left Cheyenne at approximately 10:30 p.m. local time, soon after the special delivery. It arrived at Denver International Airport just after midnight, nearly five hours after its scheduled landing.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    That's never happened to me LOL

Nice guy. He'll probably finish last

Cops: Woman Stripped, Did Yoga In Roadway

JULY 10--A nearly naked woman who was doing yoga exercises in the middle of a Florida roadway was arrested yesterday afternoon by cops who found heroin and drug paraphernalia in her running pickup truck.

Michele Cernak, 51, was collared on a variety of drug counts after police responded to a 911 call about an intoxicated woman stripping off her clothes on an Ocala street.

When officers confronted the Ocala resident, her pants were at her ankles (though she still had “panties covering her private area,” cops noted). Witnesses told officers that Cernak had been doing yoga poses.

Cernak was exercising about ten feet from her truck, which had its driver’s door open. A search of the vehicle turned up heroin and drug paraphernalia, according to an Ocala Police Department report. During questioning, Cernak--who had a bleeding wound on her left ankle--reportedly admitted that she had been shooting heroin.

The police report does not detail if Cernak’s yoga routine included popular poses like Cobra, Downward Dog, or Warrior. Though she did have to assume the position when searched and handcuffed by officers.

Charged with three felonies and two misdemeanors, Cernak is locked up in the Marion County jail in lieu of $5000 bond.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...-arrest-675432

Cops: Woman Stripped, Did Yoga In Roadway

JULY 10--A nearly naked woman who was doing yoga exercises in the middle of a Florida roadway was arrested yesterday afternoon by cops who found heroin and drug paraphernalia in her running pickup truck.

Michele Cernak, 51, was collared on a variety of drug counts after police responded to a 911 call about an intoxicated woman stripping off her clothes on an Ocala street.

When officers confronted the Ocala resident, her pants were at her ankles (though she still had “panties covering her private area,” cops noted). Witnesses told officers that Cernak had been doing yoga poses.

Cernak was exercising about ten feet from her truck, which had its driver’s door open. A search of the vehicle turned up heroin and drug paraphernalia, according to an Ocala Police Department report. During questioning, Cernak--who had a bleeding wound on her left ankle--reportedly admitted that she had been shooting heroin.

The police report does not detail if Cernak’s yoga routine included popular poses like Cobra, Downward Dog, or Warrior. Though she did have to assume the position when searched and handcuffed by officers.

Charged with three felonies and two misdemeanors, Cernak is locked up in the Marion County jail in lieu of $5000 bond.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...-arrest-675432
    Yoga is weird!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Yoga is weird!
    Sent from my Bat Cave
    Its tough. Have you tried it? I do it once every 2 weeks. Use more for stretching and makes you feel a lot more limber. A longer muscle is a stronger muscle.
    Have never done it naked though lol

Its tough. Have you tried it? I do it once every 2 weeks. Use more for stretching and makes you feel a lot more limber. A longer muscle is a stronger muscle.
    Have never done it naked though lol
    I do Pilates. Yoga is a tad ...um...let's just say the people in the class aren't happy with the fat chick who keeps falling over and laughing. So, for the sake of the class I stick to Pilates. Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I do Pilates. Yoga is a tad ...um...let's just say the people in the class aren't happy with the fat chick who keeps falling over and laughing. So, for the sake of the class I stick to Pilates. Lol
    Sent from my Bat Cave
    LOL Nice. Kim does Pilates as well.
    I have never taken a yoga class. I have the P90x and P90x2 yoga DVD's and I do them solo so I dont embarrass myself lol

LOL Nice. Kim does Pilates as well.
    I have never taken a yoga class. I have the P90x and P90x2 yoga DVD's and I do them solo so I dont embarrass myself lol
    Smart!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Woman finds Ikea bags stuffed with 80 skeletons

UPDATED: A woman in southern Sweden is furious after stumbling upon scores of skulls and human bones inside Ikea bags in a church. The man who dug up the bones, however, says it's not as bad as it looks.

The Kläckeberga church is using Ikea bags to store the remains of around 80 people who were once buried under the floorboards.

The macabre collection, which is almost overflowing from a set of large blue Ikea bags, was found by local woman Kicki Karlén.

"There were around 80 skeletons," she told The Local.

"And it made me very angry about how they were just sitting there. Some people at the parish told me the bones had been there since 2009."

The bags are covered by a tarpaulin and have been sitting there since parts of the church were dug up and rebuilt to allow wheelchair access.

Click here to see pictures of the skeletons

"I was on the team called in to dig out the bones five years ago," archaeologist Ludvig Papmehl-Dufay told The Local.

"Our mission was to document and rebury the bones, which may be as much as 500 years old. But the reburial was delayed and I have no idea why. The plan was to rebury them as soon as possible, but that's up to the church. The county board said they couldn't leave church ground, and it became complicated."

He explained that the bones were likely reburied in a secondary deposition many years ago in what he called a "bone house". The collection is mostly skulls and longer bones, he added.

While Papmehl-Dufay denied storing the bones in the Ikea bags himself, he admitted that it sounded like an efficient storage technique.

"It's not standard practice, definitely not for archaeologists, but the Ikea bags aren't actually that bad. They'd be great for stopping the moulding process. But it can't be that good to have them in the basement for so long."

Karlén, meanwhile, took to her blog to lament the situation and to call for answers.

"How would you feel if it was your grandmother or grandfather?" she wrote.

http://www.thelocal.se/20140801/woma...h-80-skeletons