Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I was thinking I would probably do it for about the same amount of time. But, the whole safety issue NordicBear mentioned has me almost rethinking it. Bummer :(

Sent from my Bat Cave
    RV parks have a lot to do with how much you're willing to spend in space rent, higher space rent usually very safe ie; Islander. If you're talking about putting it in a trailer park, some are Ok, others not really.

Fwiw, I had the option of bringing my MoHo to live in at my current assignment but rented an executive style apartment instead. I'm giving up a $1000 a month in per Diem to do so but it's roomy and has washer/dryer in apt.

CH3N02
    CH3NO2

Not that I'm tellin ya to do it, but I dig the fact you even entertain the the idea to get out there and do it. I don't know any girls that would even think about that, then again your no ordinary girl. Just my 2¢

Quote Originally Posted by ocphotographics View Post
    Not that I'm tellin ya to do it, but I dig the fact you even entertain the the idea to get out there and do it. I don't know any girls that would even think about that, then again your no ordinary girl. Just my 2¢
    Thank you sweetie!!! You embrace my quirks!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Not sure I understand about you traveling to find out where you want to live. Don't you need to stay in San Diego for your job?

Anyway, this is something I could do. I went to Santee lakes for a week when my wife and kid were pissing me off. There are a lot of full timers there. Very nice and safe. They have every amenity that you could want. It was cheap. Something like 800 a month. Some things would suck. Like going to the on-site laundry. Maybe putting up with the weekenders but, they do keep the long term people in one area. Security was everywhere. All gated and i bet the full timers look out for each other and they are mostly older.

I enjoyed going out and walking the lakes. Talking to different people. Not having the typical stresses you have at home. (chores) The vacation atmosphere even though I went to work every day.

If you want to be by the coast there is a place off of the 5 just north of Balboa and one on the 8 near La Mesa. Haven't been to these so I do not know if it is nice or how much they cost.

Quote Originally Posted by cab_01 View Post
    Not sure I understand about you traveling to find out where you want to live. Don't you need to stay in San Diego for your job?

Anyway, this is something I could do. I went to Santee lakes for a week when my wife and kid were pissing me off. There are a lot of full timers there. Very nice and safe. They have every amenity that you could want. It was cheap. Something like 800 a month. Some things would suck. Like going to the on-site laundry. Maybe putting up with the weekenders but, they do keep the long term people in one area. Security was everywhere. All gated and i bet the full timers look out for each other and they are mostly older.

I enjoyed going out and walking the lakes. Talking to different people. Not having the typical stresses you have at home. (chores) The vacation atmosphere even though I went to work every day.

If you want to be by the coast there is a place off of the 5 just north of Balboa and one on the 8 near La Mesa. Haven't been to these so I do not know if it is nice or how much they cost.
    I don't have to live in SD for my job. I could pretty much live anywhere and I think If I was licensed in another state and moved, the partners would love the idea of expanding. Even without being licensed in another state I can move where I want as long as I can attend my hearings, which I do mostly from CourtCall.

I want to buy a place, but I'm not sure where in San Diego. This will eventually become rental property. So I was thinking until I decide I could live in the RV. I could take advantage of the time by traveling on the weekends.

I'm never home as it is and I pay an arm and a leg for rent and hotels. My BIL was suggesting that we need another RV in our fam bam and I figured I could buy one and kill the 2 birds with one stone.

I'll check out Santee lakes my friend was telling me that he spent last weekend there and really liked it.

I've seen the RV park off the 5 and that was the first location I thought of bc I've been looking for a place in that vicinity.

Thanks for the info!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Good or Bad Idea?

Also, make sure to look into RVs that would meet your needs and quality of life. They can be more expensive than you think
    Last edited by struv; 07-08-2014 at 10:20 PM.