Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Texting Insanity!!!!

I'm curious if I'm the only one, which I am sure I am not, but do your friends and family expect you to respond to every text they send you and RIGHT AWAY? I turned my phone off for 1 hour this morning, 60 fucken minutes, I turn it back on and I have 16 text messages, 2 voice mails from my sister that I must be dead if my phone is off and 4 people I am explaining myself to, that my reason for not responding isn't because I am upset or mad or dead.

I don't get what people don't get…there are times when I cannot respond, I'm in court, I'm driving, I'm rollerblading, I'm in the water, I have no cell reception, I'm on a plane, I'm working, I just don't want to reply. Is this typical of people now? Are we all expected to respond upon receipt of texts? Do you respond immediately?

While I am at it, why is the "on rant" and "off rant" the same, why do the emoticons keep moving and why aren't they in alphabetical order????????

Disclosure: If I have offended or upset you, I am sorry. I am just very curious if this is the current expectation from and of everyone.

Fine, dont respond
    ./
    I put my phone on the lowest ring/message volume setting...If I hear it you might be lucky, otherwise it'll be whenever I decide to look at my phone and determine if a response is warranted
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

I intentionally ignore people that expect a text right away....My mother being the main example lol...
    They come back with "well I text you hours ago" my reply is always "Sorry, I was busy, just saw it" even though I saw it right away lol.

x10000000 on the emoticons thing....

I rarely get texts anymore so it's not usually a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Fine, dont respond
    ./
    I put my phone on the lowest ring/message volume setting...If I hear it you might be lucky, otherwise it'll be whenever I decide to look at my phone and determine if a response is warranted
    So the question is, while you're not responding do you get questioned? Or is this the standard you set?

I ask bc people often apologize to me about not responding quickly too.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    I intentionally ignore people that expect a text right away....My mother being the main example lol...
    They come back with "well I text you hours ago" my reply is always "Sorry, I was busy, just saw it" even though I saw it right away lol.

x10000000 on the emoticons thing....
    I've trained my mother so now when she's worried or concerned she texts me "I love you" and I respond with "Love you too" it's the quick way to reply and let her know I'm ok. But, if she has a question she just waits. Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

Since I drive a lot I can't respond right away, and yes people do expect a immediate response from a text ..... 1 hour is pushing it, next day and they're pissed.

Well I could go on for hours about texting, but I won't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    So the question is, while you're not responding do you get questioned? Or is this the standard you set?

I ask bc people often apologize to me about not responding quickly too.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Not anymore but I used to be....now they just know its hit/miss with me.
    If they text the question they have I will respond faster than if they say they got something to ask me but don't elaborate.
    If someone says they're sorry for taking so long I tell 'em not to worry cuz that's how I roll too
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Did you know that, at least on a iphone, when a test is super super super duper long you have to click on the bottom of it and it will open a whole new window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk