Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Oh Snap!

Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post
    Now that's a rat!

What type of dog?

I'm gonna guess, white guy...banker...Porsche....Golden Retiever?
    lol. Chocolate Lab.

be careful with poison the rats or mice can crawl in the walls of the house and die. your left with a smell that opening up the wall is the only way to rid of the smell. Also if you boat is outside the can play hell with the wiring. use traps or the box that has stick paper on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by sangermike View Post
    be careful with poison the rats or mice can crawl in the walls of the house and die. your left with a smell that opening up the wall is the only way to rid of the smell. Also if you boat is outside the can play hell with the wiring. use traps or the box that has stick paper on the bottom.
    We moved into the new house on Fri and the garage attic and one of the downstairs rooms had this God awful smell....While putting boxes up in the attic, we found the dead rat....It was nasty....forgot to take a pic though....

Well we got them in the attic. We can hear them at night....went and got my arsenal at Home Depot this morning....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Well we got them in the attic. We can hear them at night....went and got my arsenal at Home Depot this morning....

Walk around your house and make sure there are no trees touching your roof. Find out how they get in there or you'll never get rid of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    Walk around your house and make sure there are no trees touching your roof. Find out how they get in there or you'll never get rid of them all.
    Thats what Im affraid of.....No trees but I think there is one of those vents above the foundation with no screen on but filled with expandable foam...Dumb ass previous owners.....Pretty sure that is where they are coming in from....Going to have to chip away all the foam and get a new screen....Something else on my weekend to-do list lol

They don'l like steel wool won't chew through it. So if you have any holes, stuff some SOS pads in there and it will fix those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    They don'l like steel wool won't chew through it. So if you have any holes, stuff some SOS pads in there and it will fix those problems.
    good to know. thx!

You should see all my tweeker fixes, lol.

Bastards make short work of climbing vertically up stucco, too.

So after the washer incident I tried the glue traps. Heard a ruckus, but the bastard got away. BUT, all quiet upstairs. Smart rat.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only two things in life that make it worth livin' - is guitars that tune good, and firm feelin' women -Waylon

Oh Snap!

So I get home last night to this.....turns out the dog caught this in the yard yesterday afternoon, my grandma saw him and yelled for him to drop it (she was worried about the dog getting a disease lol). So the rat was still partially alive and started climbing the wall. Well my 82 year old grandma was having none of that and hit it twice with a hand garden shovel to finish it off. She scooped it in the bag and left it to show me when I got home lol

Not very big but I'm hoping there aren't any more....