Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    Probably somewhere around 1/4-1/2" thick. It just depends how far the resin I bought will go. If I have enough to fill it to the top of the bordering I think I may do that so that water will run off being it'll be outside.
    That's what I was wondering. Not that it rains in Ca anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    That's what I was wondering. Not that it rains in Ca anymore
    I wanted to leave a small ridge similar to a real bar to keep drinks from sliding off or something but was worried about standing water staining the resin top. I'll figure it out once the resin shows up and we start pouring it on. Not sure how this is gonna turn out being it's my first time attempting this.

I wanted to leave a small ridge similar to a real bar to keep drinks from sliding off or something but was worried about standing water staining the resin top. I'll figure it out once the resin shows up and we start pouring it on. Not sure how this is gonna turn out being it's my first time attempting this.
    If your drink slides off the bar, in most bars, you'll be asked to close out and leave

Fill it to the top. No standing water and it'll be easier to clean.

Small notches, kinda dental molding style. Leave a lip to keep drinks in place, leave a drain for water... win win.

Not sure how this is gonna turn out being it's my first time attempting this.
    That's what he said!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    If your drink slides off the bar, in most bars, you'll be asked to close out and leave

Fill it to the top. No standing water and it'll be easier to clean.
    Not always. Spilling your drink on your white shirt is encouraged.

Sent from my Bat Cave

So let me get this straight. You're building this to cover the ugly pool equipment yet when visitors come over you'll move it to a different location to use it as a bar?
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So let me get this straight. You're building this to cover the ugly pool equipment yet when visitors come over you'll move it to a different location to use it as a bar?
    Something like that. Most likely not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You're missing the goal...it's to make the wife happy...everything else is secondary.

Sent from my Bat Cave

::
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    You're missing the goal...it's to make the wife happy...everything else is secondary.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I'm quite familiar with doing things to make the wife happy....24 years of expertise in fact...lol
    I was just wondering outloud of its real purpose..........and to needle Dave a bit.

Sent by tapatalk with good intentions
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement: