Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    3-5 miles is a pretty big area when it comes to the river..

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    3-5 miles is a pretty big area when it comes to the river..
    That's true, but outside the river, it's a really small area.

Thinking from an anonymity point of view, nobody relies on a local dial-up connection for anonymity, or privacy. If you send a Subpoena over to Google, they will tell you to pound sand. If you send one over to your ISP - they say here ya go. Your ISP will turn the IP address into a physcial street address and cough up your account information. Whereas, most Internet based privacy services will not cough up anything.

Spoofing an IP address to conceal your location can done easily...but it's just not practical in today's "now, now, now" world.

Every anonymity/privacy service comes at the expense of slow speeds or logging. So unless you are in a 3rd world country where you could end up being arrested for voicing your opinion; or you are up to nefarious activity, using these types of services is just impractical or inconvenient. And when one of the services crashes, and leaks your true IP address...it's game over.

I can see all of your IP Addresses....
    Last edited by HB Vic; 06-10-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    VB, the software that runs this place, logs IP addresses. So if you log in under your account with someone else's IP address (ISP), it will tell me.
    So what you are saying is that HOTBOAT always wants to know where I am Peeing? So if IP at my friend Scotts house under my own name and then IP under Scotts login at my own house you will still know where I am Peeing from?

Does that make any sense???? lol I always pee clear when I drink Rocky Tops!!!!!

BTW; I miss WMC and WENDI!!!! GRADS ??? not so much - he is trouble wherever he goes.... and no he doesnt have a boat yet
    Last edited by ptc; 06-10-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ptc View Post
    So what you are saying is that HOTBOAT always wants to know where I am Peeing? So if IP at my friend Scotts house under my own name and then IP under Scotts login at my own house you will still know where I am Peeing from?

Does that make any sense???? lol I always pee clear when I drink Rocky Tops!!!!!

BTW; I miss WMC and WENDI!!!! GRADS ??? not so much - he is trouble wherever he goes.... and no he doesnt have a boat yet
    Is that what I said? Hmmmm. Not sure how you came up with that, but I won't argue with you. Have a great day.

BTW; I've heard they are both back on RDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    I can see all of your IP Addresses....
    Grads. This is why you'll never be welcome back here. And never is a very, very, long time.

What if you pee your pants, will HB know?

I really don't want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, when I registered here on HB It took like an hour until I was able to post, but then you see a drive by and immediately know its Grads...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordie View Post
    He's my new union steward
    I'm busy learning every day how a professional job is run. I wish I could hate the union, but I can't.