Trailer Tire Size Question

I have a triple axle trailer with tire size ST205/75R14, so with that being said my question is, is it possible to change them over to ST225/75R15? Has anyone done this?

Trailer Tire Size Question

First I would see what diameter the 15" are to make sure there is clearance. You could cut some discs out of cardboard and jack the trailer up a bit to mock the new height.

Personally, I would stay with the smaller tire if they have enough load rating bc you will have to back the trailer deeper into the water to load and unload boat.

CH3NO2
    Last edited by Stainless; 06-05-2014 at 05:12 AM.
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Kahunajuice View Post
    I have a triple axle trailer with tire size ST205/75R14, so with that being said my question is, is it possible to change them over to ST225/75R15? Has anyone done this?
    Unless you change the wheel also the R is the rim size, right now you have a 14" rim and the tires you want are for a 15" rim, I personally think the smaller tires look better

Talking 14" wheels...if load rating is the concern you could replace with 215's and get approximately 200 lbs more capacity per tire, that's what I did. That's substantial given you have 6 tires.
    Another thing is be careful you don't alter the offset if you change wheels, they could rub inside or stick out too much on outside.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Thanks to everyone who replied.