Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Life jackets are cool but what about 1000 hp tunnels with a piece of shit Bravo hanging on the back . Who you trying to fool?So you pass a life jacket law how do you pass a law for stupid. Stupid causes way more deaths than lack of jackets .
    Oh no!! Don't pass a law! That's crazy shit right there! People should just decide on their own.

If they took away the car seat belt law, I'd still wear one.

Sent from my Bat Cave

The Great Life Jacket Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Oh no!! Don't pass a law! That's crazy shit right there! People should just decide on their own.

Sent from my Bat Cave

What's going on here? I'm not even done with my first glass! WTF?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Read it again maybe you will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Read it again maybe you will get it.
    I understood what you meant I was agreeing with you. lol

I'm on the tail end of my drink please forgive me. This is usually when I put the phone away.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Almost as bad as a 18' boat with 1600HP

Laws are made for the stupid, ignorant, cheaters, or those who have more money than brains. Personally I probably fall in to at least one of those categories I'll let you decide which one.

Remember when California passed the motorcycle helmet law? There was a rash of accidents and brains all over the streets, so the geniuses in Sacramento apparently felt they had no choice but to pass a helmet law.

I can kind of see the writing on the wall. Our fearless leaders are always looking for ways to earn their keep. Passing a mandatory life jacket law for all boats is right up their alley.

For the record I am not in favor of mandatory life jackets or any law for that matter that forces me to do something I may not want to do. Hell, if I had my way it wouldn't be mandatory on a PWC. Those fools can sink or swim for all I care LOL.

But as a boater with a tunnel and 1000hp I have reconsidered my personal choice to make jackets optional apparel on my Bravo slinging vessel. From now on they will be mandatory. My new personal choice.
    In today's law suit happy society that is probably a good choice. That is why I hand them the jacket. If they choose not to wear it, the liability is on them. It was placed in their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

Almost as bad as a 18' boat with 1600HP

Laws are made for the stupid, ignorant, cheaters, or those who have more money than brains. Personally I probably fall in to at least one of those categories I'll let you decide which one.

Remember when California passed the motorcycle helmet law? There was a rash of accidents and brains all over the streets, so the geniuses in Sacramento apparently felt they had no choice but to pass a helmet law.

I can kind of see the writing on the wall. Our fearless leaders are always looking for ways to earn their keep. Passing a mandatory life jacket law for all boats is right up their alley.

For the record I am not in favor of mandatory life jackets or any law for that matter that forces me to do something I may not want to do. Hell, if I had my way it wouldn't be mandatory on a PWC. Those fools can sink or swim for all I care LOL.

But as a boater with a tunnel and 1000hp I have reconsidered my personal choice to make jackets optional apparel on my Bravo slinging vessel. From now on they will be mandatory. My new personal choice.
    I'm glad you said 1600 and not 1500.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoC653 View Post
    In today's law suit happy society that is probably a good choice. That is why I hand them the jacket. If they choose not to wear it, the liability is on them. It was placed in their hands.
    I'm glad you brought this up.

You as the owner and operator of the boat, in the event of an accident, whether or not you were at fault, probably stands a good chance of being sued. Especially if one of the injured passengers is not a very close friend or family member. That's always a consideration when I put people in my boat. Not that a good friend or family member would not sue, but the chances are lessened imo. I will change my driving habits depending on who is in my boat. Not that I'm reckless with friends and/or family in the boat, but I will speed it up a little. Now with someone I don't know too well or younger kids, different ballgame. I'm going to drive like a granny in her Buick on the 405

As far as getting out of a lawsuit simply because you "offered" life jackets to your passengers, I wouldn't count on it. If you're going to get sued, you're going to get sued. The lawyers will end up arguing that the jackets were old, outdated too small, too big, or not the right color for the occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I'm glad you said 1600 and not 1500.
    I had to search my mental database to make sure I didn't offend anyone here

I guess no one wants to touch the "makes it easier to recover the bodies" typical response to life jackets.

I pretty much agree with that statement. If you're going 100+ there is a very good chance you're not gonna make it. And that Life jacket or even lifeline isn't going to help you survive that accident.

But what it will probably do is prevent the divers from spending hours, days or even sometimes weeks to recover your body. Why is that a big deal if you're already clubbin it with the Grim Reaper?

Your friends and family.

They won't be waiting hours, days or weeks for closure.

So if you won't put it on for you, put it on for them.

HB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tell the wife all the time that laws are for pussys that are too afraid to push the limits. Yea, I fall into one or more of those categories.

I don't wear a seat belt ALL the time because it's a law. Law's don't scare me. It's just prudent.