Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    All. I don't give scary rides.
    Me neither,

Name:  Needles.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  97.0 KB

I don't let any one ride with me unless they have a helmet and jacket, unless I'm just cruising then just a jacket

I lost a friend in an accident a couple weeks ago. 3 others lost their life also. None had lifejackets on. I don't think there should be a law to wear lifejackets at all times when underway. I just don't think it should be required in a wakeboard boat, a pontoon boat, etc... If a law is passed, jackets will be required on almost every boat, if not every boat. In my opinion, the Captain should require lifejackets when riding on a fast boat. I can say that Grads always requires jackets on all passengers when underway.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

The Great Life Jacket Debate

I believe 100% that life jackets should be worn at speed. What speed I don't really know. It blows me away that we still here stories of guys testing boats or props or drives whatever with no jackets on. It is a test. You don't know what the results will be. Anything could go wrong.
    That being said I don't believe it should be mandatory. It is a personal choice and not something a grown adult needs to be told to do.
    As far as the license issue I don't believe it should be required. I'm all for discounted insurance if you have taken a safety course. But I don't believe getting government involved will make people safer boaters.
    We are all adults here. It is up to us to make safety a priority. Use your best judgement and know your equipment and surroundings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Menace Marine; 05-23-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace Marine View Post
    I believe 100% that life jackets should be worn at speed. What speed I don't really know. It blows me away that we still here stories of guys testing boats or props or drives whatever with no jackets on. It is a test. You don't know what the results will be. Anything could go wrong.
    That being said I don't believe it should be mandatory. It is a personal choice and not something a grown adult needs to be told to do.
    As far as the license issue I don't believe it should be required. I'm all for discounted insurance if you have taken a safety course. But I don't believe getting government involved will make people safer boaters.
    We are all adults here. It is up to us to make safety a priority. Use your best judgement and know your equipment and surroundings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^This^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    The people I've given rides to have all requested a life jacket so not really an issue for me.
    Understandable.........I have seen you drive..........

We have a Toon, we motor around 30 mph. I don't require wearing jackets. But I do tell everyone who rides with me the location of the jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by K-034 View Post
    Me neither,

Name:  Needles.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  97.0 KB

I don't let any one ride with me unless they have a helmet and jacket, unless I'm just cruising then just a jacket

I would be all for a safety course too. I'm still shocked anyone can get behind the wheel of a boat or jet ski and have at it. I've seen some of the same stuff out in the ocean that I thought would only happen in a small body of water like the river.

Quote Originally Posted by K-034 View Post
    Me neither,

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCarl View Post
    Understandable.........I have seen you drive..........
    At least somebody has seen me drive.

Life jackets are cool but what about 1000 hp tunnels with a piece of shit Bravo hanging on the back . Who you trying to fool?So you pass a life jacket law how do you pass a law for stupid. Stupid causes way more deaths than lack of jackets .
    Last edited by Mitch; 05-23-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Life jackets are cool but what about 1000 hp tunnels with a piece of shit Bravo hanging on the back . Who you trying to fool?So you pass a life jacket law how do you pass a law for stupid. Stupid causes way more deaths than lack of jackets .
    Almost as bad as a 18' boat with 1600HP

Laws are made for the stupid, ignorant, cheaters, or those who have more money than brains. Personally I probably fall in to at least one of those categories I'll let you decide which one.

Remember when California passed the motorcycle helmet law? There was a rash of accidents and brains all over the streets, so the geniuses in Sacramento apparently felt they had no choice but to pass a helmet law.

I can kind of see the writing on the wall. Our fearless leaders are always looking for ways to earn their keep. Passing a mandatory life jacket law for all boats is right up their alley.

For the record I am not in favor of mandatory life jackets or any law for that matter that forces me to do something I may not want to do. Hell, if I had my way it wouldn't be mandatory on a PWC. Those fools can sink or swim for all I care LOL.

But as a boater with a tunnel and 1000hp I have reconsidered my personal choice to make jackets optional apparel on my Bravo slinging vessel. From now on they will be mandatory. My new personal choice.