Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post
    It depends on the speed you are going. I think the lifeline ones I have worn would get ripped off at high speed.

I have a lifeline race jacket, but when I go fast in a flat or hydro I usually wear a chute jacket with thigh straps. My race jacket would be OK, but not as good as a chute jacket. Just like a ski vest could work at 90 mph, but a lifeline would be much better.

Sent using Tapatalk.
    Ok?? So what chute jacket do you wear? The first chute jacket that Chris wore was a lifeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    Ok?? So what chute jacket do you wear? The first chute jacket that Chris wore was a lifeline.
    To clarify, the lifelines I was talking about getting ripped off, are the inflatable vests (I edited my original post). I just don't know if they would stay on at 120 + mph.

I wear a lifeline chute jacket and I like them a lot (I don't own one. I have to borrow one). My Lifeline jacket is an offshore race jacket for a non canopied boat. It has large crotch straps that go all the way up and over your shoulders and lots of ballistic material, but it doesn't have a chute or thigh straps. It works great for the speeds that I go most of the time.

I am not a jacket expert, I just feel my jacket isn't sufficient for a 150mph pass in a hydro. If it was all I had, I would wear it, but I feel much more comfortable wearing a chute jacket at that speed.
    Last edited by RogerThat99; 05-25-2014 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Don't forget the Kevlar shorts and bucket restraints with the chute jacket!

Tommy

"So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

Gen. George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Don't forget the Kevlar shorts and bucket restraints with the chute jacket!

Thanks Tommy. Ballistic shorts are very important. I rarely wear them, but I should. The results of not wearing them is not good at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Thanks Tommy. Ballistic shorts are very important. I rarely wear them, but I should. The results of not wearing them is not good at all.
    Get a pair and wear them, the flip side of not wearing them when needed really sucks

It paints an ugly picture for sure....

I don't have the helmet restraints yet in that pic, but I have them now.
    Tommy

"So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

Gen. George S Patton

Over regulation by the gov is never the answer. If you are riding in a boat and feel that you should have a life jacket on then ask the operator for one, if he doesn't have one for you or says you don't need one he is not responsible. We do not wear life vests in our boat, my son does as he is underage. With that being said I never do anything to put my family in danger, because I'm responsible. If I was going for speed runs or on a fast paced poker runs I would do the responsible thing and put on jackets made for what I was intending to do, as in lifelines. Now for those that saying life jackets help in body rescue/recovery then then the people involved should be doing the responsible thing already by wearing those jackets. For those that say anything can happen like another boat hitting me this is true, but a plane can fall out of the sky on me also. What was I suppose to do have my bimini up? What I am is observant as I operate looking for potential hazards. I don't want licensing but am for a safety program that rewards people with lower insurance rates, that is an incentive to get educated. Thanks for reading

What about a kill switch land yard too. Many recreational hot rods I've seen at the river and pairing up with other boats maken passes on the river if you get pitched I don't need your boat still going into those that are beaches and floating. I run both a lifeline and a kill switch land yard in my turd

Quote Originally Posted by Just Electric View Post
    What about a kill switch land yard too. Many recreational hot rods I've seen at the river and pairing up with other boats maken passes on the river if you get pitched I don't need your boat still going into those that are beaches and floating. I run both a lifeline and a kill switch land yard in my turd
    Very good point. And thank you for reminding me. I have a switch, but no lanyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just Electric View Post
    I really like the kill switch idea!