Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    My boat rules are
    - kids under 16 have to wear jackets when engine is running
    - adults (everyone over 16) wears them if I am planning on going over 60

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I guess no one wants to touch the "makes it easier to recover the bodies" typical response to life jackets.
    I'll go there.
    Off the top of my head, Tony Scarlota at Ming, Paul Fitzgerald at Parker, Jim Bandelin at Long Beach, and I am guessing, possibly Andrew Games at Havasu, could potentially no longer be us if they weren't wearing jackets.

Ski racers fall at 100 plus all the time. Its not the speed that kills you, its usually the boat.

Granted, these crashes occurred at races where jackets are required. My point is, you don't have to be dead for "easier" recovery to be a benefit that could potentially save you life.

Imagine getting an autopsy report on a loved one that said the cause if death was drowning.

Yeah, Tony is under there
    Name:  scarlota 1.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  36.8 KB
    Name:  scarlota 2.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  35.2 KB

No, Fitz isn't checking the steering gear
    Name:  fast lane.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  58.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    My boat rules are
    - kids under 16 have to wear jackets when engine is running
    - adults (everyone over 16) wears them if I am planning on going over 60
    I thought about that but my problem is if the waters decent there's a good chance I'll press the pedal harder and harder. My boat doesn't even start to act right until it hits 70+. So I don't think that will work in my case.

My only thought is right now all I have are lifelines. And we usually only wear them for poker runs. They are not comfortable, and they're bulky. I may step down to a regular boating jacket for running the river and lakes and keep the Lifelines for the PR's.

I thought about that but my problem is if the waters decent there's a good chance I'll press the pedal harder and harder. My boat doesn't even start to act right until it hits 70+. So I don't think that will work in my case.

My only thought is right now all I have are lifelines. And we usually only wear them for poker runs. They are not comfortable, and they're bulky. I may step down to a regular boating jacket for running the river and lakes and keep the Lifelines for the PR's.
    I have been known not to follow the rules on my boat, but I am trying to get better at it.

So what are options size? comfort? Inflatable? Stylish? For example, Lifelines aren't USCG approved. So, what on your boat? Orange Walmart specials are in my boat right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCarl View Post
    So what are options size? comfort? Inflatable? Stylish? For example, Lifelines aren't USCG approved. So, what on your boat? Orange Walmart specials are in my boat right now.
    Probably looking for comfort at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd wear the lifelines. In the event of a crash at last they'll float you face up if you're knocked unconscious.

As for me. No jackets required. If you wanna wear them I'll supply you with one. But I don't require it unless you're a child. But my boat isn't exactly fast so to me not a big deal.

Don't you have to carry other CG approved life jackets anyhow.......When I was looking at Lifelines on-line the other day I saw that they do not carry USCG approvals.....wouldn't you be at risk with only those during a "Safety inspection"??

Don't get me wrong.....I'm not trying to stir up anything I was just wondering as I was flabbergasted when I read this on the website when I was contemplating buying one.

I hope I am completely wrong cuz I have never heard a bad thing about Lifelines but I'm asking an honest question here.

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

I don't think I have anything but lifelines on my boat. Someday when I get back out there I will check. lol

I don't think I have anything but lifelines on my boat. Someday when I get back out there I will check. lol

I'm kidnapping Chick and Pix! We are gonna party with or without you!

Sent from my Bat Cave