Quote Originally Posted by hyperpasta View Post
I can't say for sure.....
but it looks like this was one of the early designs of the Runnerbottom. I can see were a couple pieces of Masonite might have been thrown in the bottom of the mold to create the hull design. Then later on a new mold was made or purpose built for the Runnerbottom design. One of the neat things about this hobby is that a lot of the history of this sport is still floating around and you can see just how designs have progressed over the decades.
It is really interesting to learn how the different runner bottom designs evolved through the years. From what I've learned, my boat is a XH511 - Cole splashed this bottom and called it a TR1. After this design Irv made the runner a little deeper, removed a little bit of rocker, extended the chines to the transom and extended the air traps further forward - this became the XH511T design that was to be copied (and refined) by almost every other flatbottom manufacturer like the Cole TR2. Jim Lange has posted some great info on runnerbottom history / design on PB.