Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OhHondoGT View Post
    After the epoxy cured I started finish sanding in preparation for flow coating, I decided that I should start fabbing the new hardware before the final flow coat so I wouldn't have to worry about scratching it.
    Attachment 40484Attachment 40485[ATTACH=CONFIG]
    As you can see, everything is going to be new.
    Very nice work... AND FORD POWER!!! TELL ME MORE, please...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Ok I see those 2 pics now!

Looking good! How much of a runner is under your boat? Is it the normal 5/8ths? Looks shallow in that last pic...

What color are you thinking for the hardware?
    It's actually the smaller 3/8" runner, it is a great boat to drive and takes a nice set.

Not sure about hardware color just yet, I look at a lot of pics trying to decide lol. What's your vote?

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Very nice work... AND FORD POWER!!! TELL ME MORE, please...
    Thank you. The engine is 525ci, pump gas, 10:1 compression. Ford Super Cobra Jet aluminum heads with a quick fuel 1050 carb. I had it in my 96 Mustang last year that went 9.82 at 139 foot braking so it makes decent power (about 630), I want to try a little bigger cam and a different intake for the boat to see if it will make a little more power. Really hope to run 10 ohs on pump gas, we'll see?

Great thread, thanks for sharing! Love the look of the Hondo decks.

Pretty awesome you were able to get the boat back after a long hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHondoGT View Post
    It's actually the smaller 3/8" runner, it is a great boat to drive and takes a nice set.

Not sure about hardware color just yet, I look at a lot of pics trying to decide lol. What's your vote?
    That's interesting. I've never seen a 3/8th runner with anything but a straight deck much less the bubble T aka GT deck.

2manymustangs and I love ford power so we're chomping at the bit over this.

Check out 6:13 in this video. The boat is a Cole with a 600 inch Ford. It runs 120.

Can you fill a newb in on what flow coating is?

Finishing coat of clear or am I way off?

Great thread! The look on your face your first time sitting in it again is worth 1000 words!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    Can you fill a newb in on what flow coating is?

Finishing coat of clear or am I way off?
    Nope you're right on, it's the final layer of clear coat that is self leveling for a smooth, deep finish. It also provides UV resistance for the resins underneath so they don't yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    That's interesting. I've never seen a 3/8th runner with anything but a straight deck much less the bubble T aka GT deck.

2manymustangs and I love ford power so we're chomping at the bit over this.

Check out 6:13 in this video. The boat is a Cole with a 600 inch Ford. It runs 120.
    Now that you mention it, I have never seen another GT Hondo with the smaller runner bottom. Every other GT deck I've ever seen had the deeper 5/8" runner. Thanks for the video, that Cole hauls the mail!

Glad to hear there's a few Ford fans in this crowd, I'm going to do my best to make it run well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Great thread! The look on your face your first time sitting in it again is worth 1000 words!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    It was an unbelievable feeling to sit in that seat again after so long. We drove 7 hours to get the boat and I could hardly contain myself the whole way there! My family and I have a lot of history with this boat so it felt like the world was right again after getting it back lol.