Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Great thread! The look on your face your first time sitting in it again is worth 1000 words!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Great thread! The look on your face your first time sitting in it again is worth 1000 words!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    It was an unbelievable feeling to sit in that seat again after so long. We drove 7 hours to get the boat and I could hardly contain myself the whole way there! My family and I have a lot of history with this boat so it felt like the world was right again after getting it back lol.

My Gondo GT has the traditional bottom. never seen the 3/8 bottom on a GT either. Any pics of the actual bottom.

Here is mine, photo credit to Sharp Shooter!

Name:  Flat.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  97.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    My Gondo GT has the traditional bottom. never seen the 3/8 bottom on a GT either. Any pics of the actual bottom.

Here is mine, photo credit to Sharp Shooter!

Name:  Flat.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  97.8 KB
    Hello Brian,

I've seen your boat on Performance Boat and I love it, the stack injection is too cool!
    I'll snap a pic of the bottom as soon as I can and post it up for you. If I'm not mistaken the bottom on my boat was the XH511 and the deeper runner on your boat was called the XH511T. According to all the info Jim Lange has posted on PB about the history of Cole bottom design, the Cole TR-1 was a splash of the XH511 while the Cole TR-2 was a splash of the XH511T.

And yes the lawn mower does make it much easier to get the boat in and out of the garage!

It's been a while since I've updated this thread so I thought I'd post a few progress pics.. First up, got the bottom all fixed up and looking good again.
    Name:  Bottom1.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  84.5 KBName:  Bottom2.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  74.7 KB

And last but not least for now, finally finished the floor. What a project this was, can't even begin to imagine how many hours this took form start to finish..
    Name:  F1.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  52.7 KBName:  F2.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  46.3 KBName:  F3.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  47.2 KB

That's it for now, time for a vinyl wrap so it'll look decent until I can repaint it and then start bolting hardware back in.
    Last edited by OhHondoGT; 01-15-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Wow it really looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Wow it really looks great!
    Thank you. Called Dan at Canyon Boats yesterday to order a new rudder, nice guy to talk with.

Great thread! ...love the look of the Hondo GT decks .... looking forward to more pics as you go

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Yesterday (Saturday) in my journeys I made a cool new boating connection, performance engine builder that used to wrench for Lou Osmond/Team SpeedSport TFH (before Famous Amos joined Lou's team). He has a SUPER nice Hondo drag boat runner bottom in his shop that is being set for weekend play for a former drag racer, I will share pics soon...

Please keep showing your progress, very cool project sir...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams