Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What to do with this?

With my Dad passing last week, I find myself the proud owner of a 1986 GMC Suburban. While I might be able to smog it, I'm looking for other options for it. Even if I CAN smog it, a 3/4 ton (8 lug wheels) 2x with a 454 isn't worth much. While the drivetrain is in great condition, I really just want it gone.
    One possibility is yank the 454 and stuff it in a engine-less boat, sell the TH400 and send the rest to Ecology.
    What would YOU do to get the most out of this beast for the least effort?

How about a few redneck "hold my beer and watch this" kind of YouTube videos?
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Any sentimental value??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, just would like get a few bucks out of it.

Sorry about your dad

Sent from my Bat Cave

You won't have any trouble if you sell it in AZ....anywhere but PHX or Tucson.

The second good thing about selling it here is that a private party transaction is tax free between individuals......maybe an ad in the Mohave county CL might bring you some action.

GLWTS

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    You won't have any trouble if you sell it in AZ....anywhere but PHX or Tucson.

The second good thing about selling it here is that a private party transaction is tax free between individuals......maybe an ad in the Mohave county CL might bring you some action.

GLWTS
    Thought about that, just not looking forward to burning shy of 30 gallons to get it out there. Well, that and the tags are expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowride View Post
    Thought about that, just not looking forward to burning shy of 30 gallons to get it out there. Well, that and the tags are expired.
    Yeah, there's that

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Maybe post an ad in AZ that says pickup in CA? Lol. Could make a good launch vehicle for someone at the lake or river.

I'm sure even with the smog issue you would get some interested parties locally at the right price.

Best of luck

Time to sell the Pinto buy a Smart car and leave the Suburban at the river pad.