Thread: F€£king Wind

F€£king Wind

Always bad this time of year...seems like more windy days than calm ones this season. :(
    Maybe it will help to complain about it.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Always bad this time of year...seems like more windy days than calm ones this season. :(
    Maybe it will help to complain about it.

CH3NO2
    I couldn't fecking agree more!!.....in Ireland they say "Fecking"....Feck is the equivalent to "Darn".......so I say Fecking a lot....unfortunately here in the States everyone thinks I'm swearing so it really doesn't make a difference

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

We were really bummed they couldn't finish the races in Havasu. The wind was pretty flat Friday. Sat am once it started to blow I think everyone knew it wouldn't stop.

Very disappointing for the racers and teams who made the expense to show up ready to race only to be let down by the wind.

I would imagine a lot of them are questioning coming back next year. Which is a shame because the venue is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    We were really bummed they couldn't finish the races in Havasu. The wind was pretty flat Friday. Sat am once it started to blow I think everyone knew it wouldn't stop.

Very disappointing for the racers and teams who made the expense to show up ready to race only to be let down by the wind.

I would imagine a lot of them are questioning coming back next year. Which is a shame because the venue is amazing.
    The venue is awesome, and I'm afraid your right. The wind will make the LODBRS a thing of the past (not a very long past I might add). Too bad, but with the typical springtime winds, I don't think it had much of a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Drag racing in Thompson Bay will always be an iffy situation -- unpredictable wind and controlling boat traffic and on-water spectators are big challenges. Maybe it's time for Havasu to get serious and think about constructing a "real" marine stadium for boat racing, PWC events and even professional wakeboard competitions. It appears that Arizona Parks is beginning to consider development of Contact Point with a new marina, launch ramp and boat storage. Maybe the Park Service and the City could think a little bigger than just a launch ramp and marina and build a multiple purpose stadium that would generate significant long-term revenue for the City, Park Service and local businesses. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post

We talked to Mike Chastain and Ken Dollar at the races about possibly moving it down to Parker and having it at La Paz County Park. There is plenty of pit area there with in and out ramps at both ends of the park. There were headed down to Parker on Monday to check it out, so we'll see what happens. If the race in Oct gets blown out again, Havasu will be a done deal!

The elevation here rose a couple inches yesterday due to the dust blown in from Cali and Western AZ.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Let me tell you guys.......flying from Carlsbad to Lake Havasu yesterday was BUMPY as hell.....Fecking Wind

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Let me tell you guys.......flying from Carlsbad to Lake Havasu yesterday was BUMPY as hell.....Fecking Wind
    At least it was a tail wind?
    Is that a good thing in an airplane?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    At least it was a tail wind?
    Is that a good thing in an airplane?

CH3NO2
    Unfortunately it was a quartering headwind out of the north.......cold and bumpy

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611