Mr Incredible from "The Incredibles"

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Bump...
    Do you have dates for this one?

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Do you have dates for this one?
    July 19, 2014

Sent from my Bat Cave

If I hear anything i will let you know!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeysLife View Post
    If I hear anything i will let you know!!
    Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I've often thought about trying to tow people behind my boat but it worries me too much that a skier might have a bad accident for some reason and whether it was my fault or not I would know that somebody was hurt/killed behind my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by hpboats83 View Post
    I've often thought about trying to tow people behind my boat but it worries me too much that a skier might have a bad accident for some reason and whether it was my fault or not I would know that somebody was hurt/killed behind my boat.
    This is not the type of race where skiers get killed. The top (read that the fastest) skiers will usually only go with drivers they know, or are referred to if they are coming from out of the country. Usually you might start off pulling someone who won't be going as fast as your boat will run, and if the skier has a good observer in the boat, communications will keep the driver at a speed the skier is comfortable with.

If you are really interested in running the race, you will want to connect up with a skier (or skiers depending on class) and do one or two practice runs in advance so you can learn what all goes on. I have been watching and later participating in the race since I was a kid. I have driven and observed for a number of skiers. It's an interesting experience, conditions vary so much from one trip to another. You may see various forms of marine life, have to deal with Catalina Express boat wakes,, sometimes huge ships, fishermen in the horseshoe kelp beds area, etc. Last year I had another race boat cut across my bow twice, when I was following a direct path to the turn boat, and then again after his skier fell he came past again on the way back from the island,, true rookie moves, but the observer(who I knew) in the boat should have known better, especially with me waving him off.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    This is not the type of race where skiers get killed. The top (read that the fastest) skiers will usually only go with drivers they know, or are referred to if they are coming from out of the country. Usually you might start off pulling someone who won't be going as fast as your boat will run, and if the skier has a good observer in the boat, communications will keep the driver at a speed the skier is comfortable with.

If you are really interested in running the race, you will want to connect up with a skier (or skiers depending on class) and do one or two practice runs in advance so you can learn what all goes on. I have been watching and later participating in the race since I was a kid. I have driven and observed for a number of skiers. It's an interesting experience, conditions vary so much from one trip to another. You may see various forms of marine life, have to deal with Catalina Express boat wakes,, sometimes huge ships, fishermen in the horseshoe kelp beds area, etc. Last year I had another race boat cut across my bow twice, when I was following a direct path to the turn boat, and then again after his skier fell he came past again on the way back from the island,, true rookie moves, but the observer(who I knew) in the boat should have known better, especially with me waving him off.
    Makes me just think of the accident that the Herbst boys had on lake Mead.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Still looking for a second skier to ski back from Catalina in the over and back class.
    Thanks