Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raw Shots

Raw Shots

I did the edited but enjoy raw photos as well. What are some of your best raw shots?

You may have noticed that I'm a big fan of post-processing. A bit of exposure adjustment, a little sharpening... and wa-la.

this one has no processing or cropping- not easy to do considering how fast the boats are going as they come under the bridge
    and... the telephoto is cranked all the way out- not much room for error.

Last edited by jayboat; 11-29-2012 at 04:40 AM.

I'm more of a visual artist than a photographer. There are purists who think that nothing at all should be done to enhance an image.
    I say: "to each, his own" - I'm not one of them.

The question I ask myself about every photo before I turn it loose: "How's it look?"

I'll put up a few more when I can remember which ones have no post-processing. It does happen. :aliensmilies007:

Raw Shots

Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    You may have noticed that I'm a big fan of post-processing. A bit of exposure adjustment, a little sharpening... and wa-la.

this one has no processing or cropping- not easy to do considering how fast the boats are going as they come under the bridge
    and... the telephoto is cranked all the way out- not much room for error.

I like it either way Jay, this one has nice contrast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CH3NO2

Raw Shots

I shoot both but I don't know what to do with the raw version lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I shoot both but I don't know what to do with the raw version lol
    Vic, you might be speaking of RAW Vs. Jpeg? I believe that the OP's post was in reference to unedited photos?

Thanks. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Vic, you might be speaking of RAW Vs. Jpeg? I believe that the OP's post was in reference to unedited photos?
    Yeah, that's the way I interpreted it.

Vic, no real need to shoot raw unless you plan to do prints, or if you really, really like to do post-processing on your shots. You need a program like Lightroom (windows) or Aperture (Mac) to process them. They are fairly large files, so you may be filling up your drives unnecessarily. Dunno what you are shooting with, but your camera will probably perform better if you just shoot jpeg instead of raw+jpeg.

Back to the original question- here's one from way early (2006) that really motivated me.
    Lunch stop at Harpoon Harry's, Punta Gorda for Poker Runs America Sarasota run.

No processing other than the border/dropshadow.

Raw files allow an unprecedented degree of control over saturation, contrast, exposure-- basically everything.

Been pushing the envelope lately. A lot more fun for me and I hope for others. :courage: Part of it is a desire to see, and then show... something not seen before.

Raw Shots

I've been storing on external HD so no worries there. And I'm a photoshop hack, so I want the raw as well. Better to have it vs not