Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need to have a trim ram resealed....

Anyone know how hard it is to reseal the trim rams on a Bravo 1 drive? I have one that isn't holding when under way. It will slowly drop when the other on holds steady. I am assuming it just needs to have a new seal kit installed and just wondering how hard that would be to do myself? If it needs a bunch of special tools then may need to have a shop do it so anyone know how much that would cost?

I had the same problem. Pulled off the ram and ends up it was just loose.

I'd imagine even a new kit thrown on there couldn't be much hassle. As long as you don't release the tube from the pump fluid loss should be minimal. As far as bleeding it after....I have no idea.

Bleeding was another question. I was assuming you just tightened everything back up and just actuated in up and down a few times. Anyone know?

I just did mine last weekend kevin.. it was pretty simple.

Seal kits were cheap.. like $20 bucks each. All you need is an adjustable spanner wrench and a 12 pack
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

That is good to hear Dave. How did you bleed it once it was all hooked back up?

No need to bleed it. Run it up and down and check the level. It's easy work. We charge $125 parts and labor to do both rams. If you do it yourself just take your time and pay attention to the three balls on the end of the valve. They like to roll away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks MM for the feed back. Looks like I might have to get my hands dirty. 😄

Here is what one ram looks like all torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace Marine View Post
    No need to bleed it. Run it up and down and check the level. It's easy work. We charge $125 parts and labor to do both rams. If you do it yourself just take your time and pay attention to the three balls on the end of the valve. They like to roll away.

So how often should these be rebuilt? Is it just a matter of if and when they don't seal? Or should we be looking at every 5-10-15 years?

Well mine are 15 years old. Not sure if they have been done before.