Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Miss Managed Assets's Avatar

Tanning booth or Spray Tan?

Did the booth years ago, time consuming, but works. Never tried the spray tan. I'm trying to decide.
    Pros and cons, which do you prefer?

GRADS
    One causes cancer, one doesn't.

Natural sun with lots of sunblock.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    One causes cancer, one doesn't.
    I know ( I'm always worried about that) that's why I asked about the spray tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Sent from my Bat Cave
    No time between now and Desert Storm to be outside :(

Terri had a Wolfe professional tanning bed until she got a melanoma a few years back (she's OK now, thank god) and she had a chunk of her thigh chopped out, now she uses lots of sun screen and we bought a LVHP sprayer and I spray her once a week, usually I spray her Thursday night, it has to stay on for three hours, so I spray her around 7:00pm then she takes a shower at 10:00pm before bedtime, works great.

She has a beautiful tan all weekend and by Wednesday she's ready for a touch up the next day, she's use the same stuff that they use on DWTS, much, much cheaper spraying yourself.

Dahm, I'm smart.
    Last edited by 314joey; 04-06-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Terri had a Wolfe professional tanning bed until she got a melanoma a few years back (she's OK now, thank god) and she had a chunk of her thigh chopped out, now she uses lots of sun screen and we bought a LVHP sprayer and I spray her once a week, usually I spray her Thursday night, it has to stay on for three hours, so I spray her around 7:00pm then she takes a shower at 10:00pm before bedtime, works great.

She has a beautiful tan all weekend and by Wednesday she's ready for a touch up the next day, she's use the same stuff that they use on DWTS, much, much cheaper spraying yourself.

Dahm, I'm smart.
    Ok I'll look into it, does it look natural, does it fade evenly?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Managed Assets View Post
    Ok I'll look into it, does it look natural, does it fade evenly?
    It's called South Seas skin care, it's about $200 for 4 liters, yes, if you apply it evenly, it will fade evenly, it doesn't take long to become a "master sprayer" like me, plus she's naiked in the garage, woo woooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post

Sent from my Bat Cave
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
    Studies have shown that those tanning booths are terrible for your skin. Time consuming? Ummm aren't you only supposed to stay inside them for only 5-10mins?

I wouldn't do it, and who knows on the spray tan will turn out? Depending on if the lady knows what she's doing? Personally, I'm just showing up to DS pale white, with a farmers tan.. Lol I don't care I'm working all week also, I don't have to time to be worrying about my tan... I'll just tan when I get to Havi!
    The beds I used to go in were 30 min, it's probably less now. Us girls have to take care of ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegoose1 View Post
    What she said
    Fixed it for ya

LOL. Sorry Eli. Typing too fast.