Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GRADS

The most beautiful place around....unless you're Eli

She liked the Delta better.

Tahoe

Last edited by GRADS; 04-03-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Hard to disagree with you. Never been on Tahoe

Tahoe's beautiful. Not the best place for water recreation because it's so cold and can turn ugly real quick.

The pine tree air is worth the price of admission by itself.

We've camped at a little lake called Rollins in Colfax (East of Sac.) a few times. Great ski lake during the week. Locals hit it hard on the weekends. We're usually there around the same time as Hot August Nights, so we just buzz over the hill to Reno on the weekend.

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Tahoe's beautiful. Not the best place for water recreation because it's so cold and can turn ugly real quick.

The pine tree air is worth the price of admission by itself.
    It's a great place to boat....now swimming is a little different story but there are places in the lake where the water is a little warmer and you can swim. The water gets super ugly in the late afternoons if it is windy...we almost had our boat sink one time. Eli hated all the pine trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post
    We've camped at a little lake called Rollins in Colfax (East of Sac.) a few times. Great ski lake during the week. Locals hit it hard on the weekends. We're usually there around the same time as Hot August Nights, so we just buzz over the hill to Reno on the weekend.
    We go to Rollins occasionally. It's kind of a small lake but they have a cool sandbar. It's about 35 minutes from where we live so it makes more sense for us to go to Folsom.
    Last edited by GRADS; 04-03-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Gets a little narrow headed up towards Bear Creek. Great little family lake and enjoy hanging out on the sand bar. Nice campgrounds too.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    It's a great place to boat....now swimming is a little different story but there are places in the lake where the water is a little warmer and you can swim. The water gets super ugly in the late afternoons if it is windy...we almost had our boat sink one time. Eli hated all the

We go to Rollins occasionally. It's kind of a small lake but they have a cool sandbar. It's about 35 minutes from where we live so it makes more sense for us to go to Folsom.

Hates pine trees???? I may be country, she may be city, but how do you hate pine trees?

We use to go to Lake Tahoe every Summer when I was a kid. I would say next to Shasta it's probably one of the most beautiful Lake's I have visited. Lake Tahoe is where I learned to Jet Ski back in the day (damn that water is cold). It's a different kind of beauty though I will call it a Forest Beauty. However, I get just as much enjoyment from other types of beauty. For example the red and brown rock formations you find in the desert like that of Lake Powell. Now there's some beauty. The Delta might not be as beautiful but my real love is the river so I understand Eli enjoying the Delta more than Lake Tahoe. The Delta is where I learned to ski.

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricks raft View Post
    Hates pine trees???? I may be country, she may be city, but how do you hate pine trees?
    Yeah I know, I didn't get it either.....I guess you'll have to ask her.
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    The Delta might not be as beautiful but my real love is the river so I understand Eli enjoying the Delta more than Lake Tahoe. The Delta is where I learned to ski.
    I think the Delta is a shit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    I think the Delta is a shit hole.
    Well I have been called a Shit Hole Lover a couple times in my life so I can live with it a couple more times.