Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papaletch4130 View Post
    Yup that is him.. Nice house killer driveway haha. If you ever have any problems just pm me on here I can get you taken care of..
    PM sent. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    NGE, can you elaborate as to why you would choose Direct over Dish?
    I've had it both ways as far as fixed vs portable, my question is geared to which provider. In shopping for mounted style it looks like there is more satellite receiver selection for Dish Network on RVs. I appreciate anyone's feedback.

CH3NO2
    I actually don't subscribe to either. I have Apple TV and Netflix. I don't like commercials, I find 99% of tv shows to be useless garbage, the news is worthless (unless you actually believe the shit they tell us), having to set up a DVR to record is a pain and I could give two shits about watching sports on tv. With Netflix being less than $10 a month and with the $30-50 a month I spend renting movies or buying a show season on I-Tunes I'm money ahead. I'm not really a big tv guy. I'd say that my living room is the least used room in my home and that's the only room I have a tv in. I'd rather stare at a blank wall and listen to music, but to each their own. lol.... We'll I do have another tv in the home but it's for my video surveillance.

Now when I did pay for satelitte I had both. Dish Networks menu guide and features just sucked. Direct TV was more user friendly and had more channels. If you're a big sports guy, then Direct Tv is better for the sports packages. When Fios was available in my area, I wen't that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    I did this for years at my Havasu house. Last month my sat dish went out and my snowbird called Direct TV. Dumbass let them know the tv was in Havasu. DTV then shut off all 7 of my tvs at both houses. I had to go to each tv and give the guy my card # for that tv. I had to tell him I had 1 tv in Havasu because my snowbird already told them. Now I have to pay a $70 fee for Havasu with AZ channels. I am raising his rent next year.
    Yea that would chap my ass alright.
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 04-04-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricks raft View Post
    The main reason dish is getting more popular with rvs is there hd will still work with dome style antennas. Dtv requires a larger dish because some of there hd channels are on ku band. The winegard motorized fold down dishes work the best for dish or direct. They are full size so they don't lose signal as easy as domes, they can have multiple receivers or tuners, and you don't have to wait for the dish to turn while changing channels. Your current dtv receiver should work with your current system. With either system if you are outside your local area you may not have local channels. But all the others will be fine. Saying dish sucks is ridicules, you may have had a bad experience, the hopper outperformed the genie in every category and cost less monthly.
    Someone told me the other day he has a mobile DTV antenna that he has in his pick up truck...: this was new to me. He said he just plugs his receiver into that from the RV so he doesn't have to dick around with a dish or dome. Heard of that?
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Someone told me the other day he has a mobile DTV antenna that he has in his pick up truck...: this was new to me. He said he just plugs his receiver into that from the RV so he doesn't have to dick around with a dish or dome. Heard of that?
    Riverbound? He has one on his camper shell. That reminds me, I should see what brand he has bc it's very low profile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I would assume its a phase array antenna? Haven't seen those in a while. Low profile fits between a cargo rack, don't know if they work on the ku( medium power) satellite direct now uses for hd. Also for dish another option is the tailgater. It's a portable dish self seeking for signal and only $350.

I would assume its a phase array antenna? Haven't seen those in a while. Low profile fits between a cargo rack, don't know if they work on the ku( medium power) satellite direct now uses for hd. Also for dish another option is the tailgater. It's a portable dish self seeking for signal and only $350.
    Dude who installed my HD receiver in the house ranted about the tailgater. I don't want to have to pack and set up another item every time I camp. I also don't want to spend a thousand bucks either though.

Quote Originally Posted by Napanutt View Post
    Dude who installed my HD receiver in the house ranted about the tailgater. I don't want to have to pack and set up another item every time I camp. I also don't want to spend a thousand bucks either though.
    Agreed. Set up is easy though, 1 coax, turn on receiver, couple minutes, watching tv. Dish"cube" weighs about 4-5 lbs. about 18" tall 12-14" wide.

Agreed. Set up is easy though, 1 coax, turn on receiver, couple minutes, watching tv. Dish"cube" weighs about 4-5 lbs. about 18" tall 12-14" wide.
    That's what I thought. I like built in simplicity though but it sure costs a lot more that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Riverbound? He has one on his camper shell. That reminds me, I should see what brand he has bc it's very low profile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From my POS T-mobile thingie
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

RV Satellite TV?

I use direct tv. I have a Tracvision on my truck and when we get to camp we just plug the trailer into to the truck and the main receiver in the trailer controls the dish. I have a total of 3 receivers in my trailer. All of them are add on "rooms" to my direct tv account. If you look at the top of my shell that's the satelite.

board member discounts available

www.dynamicairservices.com

Use the code "hotboat" for a 15% discount
    For Lucas oil products visit......www.mysinthetix.com