Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny D View Post
    Joey the island was a great decision it really opens everything up.
    There was a tiny galley kitchen with a dedicated dining room next to it, I blew that sucker (dining room) out and open everything up, we ended up with over 20' of breakfast bar and can easily put 8 bar stools up to it, so the Family can all enjoy the kitchen together, it opens up to the Lani so we can get a pool and water view.

I can't wait to see what you're doing Kenny, I know it's going to be great, thanks for the kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Taboma View Post
    OK found that SW exit to the river. Just wanted to make sure I was looking in the right area. That whole area is huge, never imagined so many canals, like a maze.
    Looking close up at the aerials it appears there's a lock right at Cape Harbor just west of the launch ramp --- why a lock ? Aren't all those canals at sea level anyway ?
    Do they open the locks for the manatees ?
    I think you found where we come out, we go into that same canal, but when going home (North) we go to the right instead of the left towards the lock, I've tried to find out what the deal is with the lock, but it's confusing, the one thing I will tell you is I wouldn't buy back behind it and it's not going away.

I'm being told years ago it was put in the try and keep the brackish water from back in that area, but over the years they've found out it does nothing, other than slow boat traffic down.

On most Saturdays there's a line of boats to get in and out of that dahm thing, I'm not that patient, we didn't even consider a place back there, we wanted a house as close to the river as we could afford, they've been trying to get rid of the silly lock for years but the Feds won't let the City of Cape Coral remove it, who would've guessed that...................lmao.

good info --- plus it also appears if you went up to the left and let's say had to go under a bridge on Sands Blvd. you best be in a damned small (As in low to the water) boat with no arch.
    That appears to be the case for most any of those homes on the canals west of Chiquita Blvd. Hope I'm not bugging you, just trying to get a better feel for the area before I start showing my wife homes for sale on Truila or Redfin

Quote Originally Posted by Taboma View Post
    good info --- plus it also appears if you went up to the left and let's say had to go under a bridge on Sands Blvd. you best be in a damned small (As in low to the water) boat with no arch.
    That appears to be the case for most any of those homes on the canals west of Chiquita Blvd. Hope I'm not bugging you, just trying to get a better feel for the area before I start showing my wife homes for sale on Truila or Redfin
    Not bothering me at all, I'd rather you have some upfront info to help you stay away from some of the pitfalls in looking for which area you want to look in, not to scare you, but there's a few things that you have to be careful of when actually looking at houses, bad drywall (foreign drywall mold), there's a few things like that you have to be careful of when buying, a good inspector is a must.

Rowdy got a new fence..................and I got a sore back, but it's finished.........but i still have to paint it, I hate to paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Rowdy got a new fence..................and I got a sore back, but it's finished.........but i still have to paint it, I hate to paint.
    Rowdy is so spoiled! I love it!

I also really enjoy painting. It's soothing. I'm just not so great at staying in the lines...But, I can't figure out why I never get invited to a painting party by the same person twice

Sent from my Bat Cave