Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taboma View Post
    Damn, way to dig in Joey
    Appears to be a very nice area and I'm in love with the whole canal, dock and boat out the backdoor aspect
    You mentioned concrete wall construction, filled CMU ?
    Is the house built such that the walls are not load bearing ?
    Are the exterior walls all furred on the inside so the electrical etc. is accessible for ease of relocation ?
    Great thread
    Most down are way are concrete block and they have rebar every 36" I think filled with concrete, yes, they are load bearing and most of the plumbing is in the floor, a lot of the electric is in the ceiling, unless it's needed on a exterior wall, then it's furred out for the wires and boxes, lots different than how we build them in the Midwest.
    Some of the stuff isn't the easiest to just move like in a normal house, have to think about it a bit more so you do the least amount of damage to the house when doing stuff like we did.
    In the area we live there's canals behind a couple hundred houses, it's really cool driving out of our subdivision to get to the Gulf.

We fell in love with this house because of it's location to the Gulf, it had electric hurricane shutters, the outside was perfect and it has great curb appeal, thanks for the nice comments
    Last edited by 314joey; 04-03-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Looks great!!....did you have to redo the sea wall?

Did you live in the house while all of this was going on or did you rent a house nearby?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny D View Post
    Looks great!!....did you have to redo the sea wall?
    No, it was in great shape, I was worried about that too, but in the inspection it checked out OK.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Did you live in the house while all of this was going on or did you rent a house nearby?
    Yes, all of our furniture was in storage and we lived in the Master bedroom only, it was tight, then when everything was done in the rest of the house, we moved to one of the other bedrooms and the Master and Master bath got a upgrade too.

Check out the guy walking on the 2" cage railing, WTF.

Almost done, dahm, I'm getting tired..................again.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    No, it was in great shape, I was worried about that too, but in the inspection it checked out OK.
    It is nice to have a cover over the boat.... in our area a covered dock must be grandfather in.They say it kills a certain grass that the Mantee eats

It is nice to have a cover over the boat.... in our area a covered dock must be grandfather in.They say it kills a certain grass that the Mantee eats
    A few of my neighbors asked me how we got one, I don't know, I tell them the dock company got it for me, apparently they're hard to get here too, it has the special city permit on it, so I know it's permitted, it is nice to have it though.

OH CRAP, really ? ----- Good tip on the Grandfathered in aspect. I can't help but think there's probably a lot of important details easily overlooked when purchasing along that coast.

Just about done.