Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

What a great weekend!

What a great weekend! Took the boat up, got it parked and helped out a bit setting up, then back home. Boats were already showing up. Brought the wife back up Friday morning and there was a steady flow of boats coming in all day. They had music going while everybody was helping each other set up. It got up to about 84 degrees. I ran into some old riding friends I hadnt seen in years and got to visit. Then all my new friends that I met at the Needles show arrived from Northern CA. These folks rock. They know how to travel and how to roll out a feast! I feel like Ive known them for years and really enjoyed spending time with them all weekend. Friday evening we ate the tri-tip AND chicken BBQ dinner, which was really good. They had a large seating area set up for us next to the music. Saturday morning we had spectators arriving at about 9 and there was a steady flow of folks coming and going all day. It got warmer than expected (90 degrees) but up in the pines, it was still very comfortable.

Two things really stood out in my mind about the show: We had a great variety of v-drives show up (I think there was abot 60 boats); and it felt like one big family up there with everybody visiting and helping each other out. Great time

More about my Saturday later

Couple pics now, more later. Sorry, all I had was my little point and shoot and that is all I am qualified to operate.

The first pic is my FAVORITE - Max is cool
    I wish I would have also got a shot to Robby - what an impressive young man he was - atta boy Mike - you have a great kid.

This wood deck and interior was awesome

cya
    Name:  IMG_2737.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  88.2 KBName:  IMG_2644.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  103.8 KBName:  IMG_2645.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  89.8 KBName:  IMG_2647.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  86.5 KBName:  IMG_2764.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  93.6 KB
    I dont NO much.
    I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    Favorite fortune cookie: Character is who you are when no one is watching.

60 boats is an awesome turnout!! I almost went for the banzai trip, next time I will for sure. Thanks for the info and pictures.

The Pines seemed very focused on accommodating the show and participants. They had banners up, did a great job on the dinner and brought in a couple of young gals from Dos Equis who passed stuff out to the participants, took photos with folks and their boats and handed out trophies. On lady seemed to be with us all weekend just to make sure stuff was running smooth. The rooms were pretty cool too.

The wood boat guys were supposed to do their annual show/Lyons fund raiser there with us, but they were going to be in the water. Unfortunately, the low water level in the lake didnt float enough of the docks at The Pines to accommodate them all but luckily Millers Landing was able to fit them all in across the lake. I stayed too busy to make it across the lake but The Pines did have a shuttle running over to Millers and back so people could attend the wood boat show. The only complaint I heard about the wood boat show was from a few different spectators and participants who said it was tough to find parking over there. I spoke with lots of the wood boat guys while they were looking around thru the v-drive show. They were having a blast and all expressed disappointed that we were not able to have both shows together. One guy told me that he felt the two shows go well together because they show the progression of power boats through history. We all hope for enough water next year to be able to to make it not only more convenient for spectators but provide a better overall experience for everyone.

I dont know if anyone else was taking photos as I kept pretty busy visiting. Lots of my photos were during set up and Im sure I didnt get everybody's boat.
    Name:  IMG_2277.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  80.4 KBName:  IMG_2577.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  108.9 KBName:  IMG_2598.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  109.8 KBName:  IMG_2629.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  100.3 KBName:  IMG_2632.jpg
Size:  114.9 KBName:  IMG_2633.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  111.0 KBName:  IMG_2634.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  116.3 KBName:  IMG_2637.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  76.0 KBName:  IMG_2679.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  118.7 KBName:  IMG_2681.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  94.3 KBName:  IMG_2684.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  120.5 KBName:  IMG_2628.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  71.7 KBName:  IMG_2626.jpg
Size:  89.8 KBName:  IMG_2603.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  135.1 KBName:  IMG_2605.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  109.1 KBName:  IMG_2608.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  87.0 KBName:  IMG_2609.jpg
Size:  93.4 KBName:  IMG_2611.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  93.1 KBName:  IMG_2624.jpg
Size:  116.4 KBName:  IMG_2687.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  95.3 KB
    I dont NO much.

JT,
    Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Looks like a great time! I want to do this someday...
    Hope to see you in September...

JT nice write up and great pics. We appreciate you taking the time to do this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im planning on it RFR!
    I dont NO much.

And for me, the best part of the show was getting Dad up there. He really enjoyed seeing all the boats together. He has never seen a boat show before so it was exciting to see so many v-drives in one place, and it is damn near in his back yard. After we walked thru the show and saw everything, he rested up in a chair by his old Belmont. Lots of people came by and looked at the poster board in front of it and saw photos of him on it. Normally a pretty quiet guy, he was seen smiling and talking to folks most of the day. He really enjoyed seeing and hearing people appreciating his old toy. That was cool.Name:  IMG_2291.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  115.9 KBName:  IMG_2734.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  109.1 KBName:  IMG_2751.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  99.2 KBName:  IMG_2693.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  91.7 KBName:  IMG_2781.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  73.0 KBName:  IMG_2750.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  111.2 KBName:  IMG_2729.jpg
Size:  104.2 KBName:  IMG_2726.jpg
Size:  82.4 KBName:  IMG_2725.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  119.7 KBName:  IMG_2717.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  96.2 KBName:  IMG_2713.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  111.3 KBName:  IMG_2695.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  132.3 KBName:  IMG_2791.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  119.6 KB
    I dont NO much.

Ok, gotta post one more
    I wasnt gonna go here but I changed my mind
    Im glad that I am fortunate enough to have had this opportunity to share all of this with my Dad

Dad was worn out before the end of the show and missed the trophies being handed out
    I was pretty surprised when they gave the Belmont the trophy for Most Original Boat
    Ive never even touched a trophy before so it was pretty fun
    Thinking about it though, Im not the one who earned it
    When Dad was out the other day, I took it over and set it up at his house with a thank you card and a framed pic (my avatar) of us in the boat last summer
    I told him that I want him to enjoy having the trophy cause he is the reason his old ski boat is still in the shape it is in, which is why it got the attention
    He called when he got home and saw it
    He was kinda quiet
    I think he was smilin
    I know I was
    Took this pic tonight but need to get one together with the boat
    cya
    Name:  IMG_2919.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  67.8 KB
    I dont NO much.

JT great pics and story! Isn't that BL's mighty mouse hydro...? Is that the same 4-71 Caddy he's had since the club started?

It's awesome seeing you spending such quality time with your dad. Doesn't get any better!

Ya that is his gold flake hydro - I think it has a Pontiac in it?
    Im really enjoying how my relationship has evolved with Dad. Been spending lots of time with him.
    He loved the videos you gave me. Thanks again for that!
    I dont NO much.