Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is what I was sent from APBA

Sanction Links:

http://www.apba-racing.com/internal/...p?EditID=12370

CIRCULAR FOR: 4/4-5/14 Parker AZ

This email is being sent to let all know COR has been removed from this event.
    The Board of Directors has placed COR on hold until further notice due to safety considerations.

General question to anyone with knowledge, are there problems or concerns with COR?
    I've been on the COR website bf, I got the impression they have their own club. Does this decision impact all COR racing or just the Spring race at Parker?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

cause of the puddinstone accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    General question to anyone with knowledge, are there problems or concerns with COR?
    I've been on the COR website bf, I got the impression they have their own club. Does this decision impact all COR racing or just the Spring race at Parker?

CH3NO2
    The decision is for COR in all regions. And it is until further notice. Based on my experience with how fast the APBA moves, it's my opinion and that of others that the season is over.

COR comes from the checkered past of mod vp so they were the red headed stepchildren of the APBA even before the first COR boat hit the water. It took years to even get provisional status, COR isn't officially an APBA class yet, they run under the banner of "special events". There were and are many in the APBA that don't want any format of mod vp back on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ONE-A-DAY; 03-24-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ONE-A-DAY View Post
    The decision is for COR in all regions. And it is until further notice. Based on my experience with how fast the APBA moves, it's my opinion and that of others that the season is over.

Thanks, that sucks for a group of grass roots people to possibly not be able to race.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Thanks, that sucks for a group of grass roots people to possibly not be able to race.

CH3NO2
    It also sucks if own a COR boat that can't be raced. Your only option is to spend money to convert it back to a ski boat, ie the same money you spent to change it to a race boat.

I think SST 45 would be a great home for the COR guys, many have expressed interest in trying it but they just can't fit in the boats. It's been done before but if your north of 170 pounds it becomes quite a struggle.

Last edited by ONE-A-DAY; 03-24-2014 at 04:02 PM.

CH3NO2
    All the classes have there own organizational "group" . Its not as though they are like the APBA. The Super Stocks have their group, the Pro Stocks have theirs, the GN, 45 tunnels, Crackers, both APBA and Lucas.
    The APBA's decision could have an major effect on the class. One, its a not a APBA recognized class, it runs as a local "club" class with the approval of the APBA. Not all sponsoring clubs and promoters that put on the races recognize them, and they can only race at events that are willing to put them on the schedule.
    The Nostaglia classes are/were the same way.

I don't know if its a safety concern with the boats themselves, or the APBA is rethinking the idea of allowing "local classes" to run under their sanctions. Either way it could kill the class. If its a boat safety issue, and the ABPA decides to take matters into their own hands, it could be the end of the class. The COR group had a safety meeting to be pro-active in placating the APBA, but I think it could be too little too late. The class is kind of a rag tag group of mismatch hull types with a common engine size. It a VERY low budget class, and most of the guys are not interested in spending any money on a something the APBA may hand down as a safety rule. No different than if the APBA handed down some sweeping rule change on the Nostalgia inboards.
    The local "club" classes are pretty much left up to the club to regulate them. That may change in the future, and the changes could be the end of "local" classes. Not just the COR
    Last edited by gn7; 03-24-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ONE-A-DAY View Post
    It also sucks if own a COR boat that can't be raced. Your only option is to spend money to convert it back to a ski boat, ie the same money you spent to change it to a race boat.

I think SST 45 would be a great home for the COR guys, many have expressed interest in trying it but they just can't fit in the boats. It's been done before but if your north of 170 pounds it becomes quite a struggle.

This was my thought in the background, the COR guys can only sit on their hands till it's resolved.

On the SST45, you seem like a shoehorn fit yourself bc of height.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    All the classes have there own organizational "group" . Its not as though they are like the APBA. The Super Stocks have their group, the Pro Stocks have theirs, the GN, 45 tunnels, Crackers, both APBA and Lucas.
    The APBA's decision could have an major effect on the class. One, its a not a APBA recognized class, it runs as a local "club" class with the approval of the APBA. Not all sponsoring clubs and promoters that put on the races recognize them, and they can only race at events that are willing to put them on the schedule.
    The Nostaglia classes are/were the same way.

I don't know if its a safety concern with the boats themselves, or the APBA is rethinking the idea of allowing "local classes" to run under their sanctions. Either way it could kill the class. If its a boat safety issue, and the ABPA decides to take matters into their own hands, it could be the end of the class. The COR group had a safety meeting to be pro-active in placating the APBA, but I think it could be too little too late. The class is kind of a rag tag group of mismatch hull types with a common engine size. It a VERY low budget class, and most of the guys are not interested in spending any money on a something the APBA may hand down as a safety rule. No different than if the APBA handed down some sweeping rule change on the Nostalgia inboards.
    The local "club" classes are pretty much left up to the club to regulate them. That may change in the future, and the changes could be the end of "local" classes. ]
    Thanks Bob! I know this is a class were many get a start and springboard to something faster if they achieve some success.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

This was my thought in the background, the COR guys can only sit on their hands till it's resolved.

On the SST45, you seem like a shoehorn fit yourself bc of height.

CH3NO2
    My new one is a palace inside compared to my old one. 1.5 inches wider, I get lost in the capsule now

Thanks Bob! I know this is a class were many get a start and springboard to something faster if they achieve some success.

CH3NO2
    Really? Belda was 65. The guy that started this class was standing at Plymouth rock when the pilgrims landed. More like a class for those living out there mid life crisis and 2nd childhood.