Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    GRADS

Why is Lake Havasu so popular with big fast boats?

I don't get it. You see some of the fastest biggest boats in the western United States in Havasu....why? I hear the town itself is a shithole....there are nicer bodies of water....if a boater wants to stretch their legs there are better places. Is it because of spring break?

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    I don't get it. You see some of the fastest biggest boats in the western United States in Havasu....why? I hear the town itself is a shithole....there are nicer bodies of water....if a boater wants to stretch their legs there are better places. Is it because of spring break?
    Because the ocean is too scary for most offshore boat owners.

GRADS
    What about Powell or Mead?

I really don't know the answer to the question Grads, but it is not dock friendly for large boats either.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Open mouth, insert foot. You're sooo good at that.

Havasu is actually a pretty cool place to live and visit. Small town feel with a good sized lake and connecting river. How many cities or places can you live where you can go boating after work? Not many.

I'd be a little more cautious about what you call a shithole. I'm sure there are people out there who think your town is a shithole.

What about Powell or Mead?
    Waves are too big. They even cancelled desert storm last year due to a 2 foot swell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post

Havasu is actually a pretty cool place to live and visit. Small town feel with a good sized lake and connecting river. How many cities or places can you live where you can go boating after work? Not many.

I'd be a little more cautious about what you call a shithole. I'm sure there are people out there who think your town is a shithole.
    Havasu (the lake) is 100 times more scenic than Folsom (lake).

The town's a shithole???? You've never been there and you come out with this provocative statement???........how Tom Brown of you......just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post

Best responce possible!!

You can find a shithole anywhere you look. The city has its issues like any other town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Waves are too big. They even cancelled desert storm last year due to a 2 foot swell.
    That just may be the appeal, that it doesn't get blown out as much as the other up river lakes along the Colorado. It is the only lake with a city at its banks, which in turns allows for a shit load of hey lam.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement: