Dana Header Install Completed - Need thoughts from those with experience

OK, so I finally had the Dana Headers installed (WOT Marine and I forgot to take any photos when I was testing - will do that next time).

Adding basis data
    Engine = 496HO
    Gears = 1.5
    Limited = 5150

Prior to the Dana Headers, I ran a BBlades Bravo 1 26 labbed prop - results from testing in April 2013 in Havasu (5125rpm; 65mph).

Yesterday in Havasu I tested with a stock Bravo 1 26 (4800rpm; 70mph). Never was able to spin the 26 above 4800rpm. Getting on plane with the stock 26 was very easy (less then 5 seconds). Could not get above 4800rpm.
    Saturday at Lake Elsinore, tested a Hydromotive (I think, part number HCCL27R) and got (4650rpm; 67mph); however getting on plane was a PIA and blew the prop out unless heading into the wind and had to be easy easy on the throttle. Testing with this prop was to make sure everything was installed correctly and no leaks, so I am not really counting this test, but listed it to give additional data.

So more testing needs to occur. What would be your next steps?
    Time in Havasu is limited between now and DS so I need to get a plan in place and all testing props in hand prior to my next trip.

On the plus side. Mid range accelerations was greatly improved and the bling factor kicked ass as well.
    Also WOT made the installation look very easy
    Last edited by Singleton; 03-17-2014 at 02:35 PM.

I hope I don't step on any vendors toes, but have you heard of this guy? He's usually at DS with a street fair display.
    http://www.cuttingedgepropellers.com/

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I hope I don't step on any vendors toes, but have you heard of this guy? He's usually at DS with a street fair display.

CH3NO2
    On my listing to call once my work meetings are over for the day.

Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    OK, so I finally had the Dana Headers installed (WOT Marine and I forgot to take any photos when I was testing - will do that next time).

Prior to the Dana Headers, I ran a BBlades Bravo 1 26 labbed prop - results from testing in April 2013 in Havasu (5125rpm; 65mph).

Yesterday in Havasu I tested with a stock Bravo 1 26 (4800rpm; 70mph). Never was able to spin the 26 above 4800rpm. Getting on plane with the stock 26 was very easy (less then 5 seconds). Could not get above 4800rpm.
    Saturday at Lake Elsinore, tested a Hydromotive (I think, part number HCCL27R) and got (4650rpm; 67mph); however getting on plane was a PIA and blew the prop out unless heading into the wind and had to be easy easy on the throttle. Testing with this prop was to make sure everything was installed correctly and no leaks, so I am not really counting this test, but listed it to give additional data.

So more testing needs to occur. What would be your next steps?
    Time in Havasu is limited between now and DS so I need to get a plan in place and all testing props in hand prior to my next trip.

On the plus side. Mid range accelerations was greatly improved and the bling factor kicked ass as well.
    Also WOT made the installation look very easy
    Im surpised you didn't get more RPM from the stock 26...I'll bring a bravo 26 (stock) with me to desert storm..You need to try this one..I ran a few stock 26's and this one worked real good on our Daytona..I could spin easily over 5000 rpms..this was with the 496 HO......now with the 588..we're spinning a 34 and I'm going to cutting edge 36

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post

CH3NO2
    Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    On my listing to call once my work meetings are over for the day.
    Greg Hittner is, or was the guy at Cutting Edge propellers. I heard somewhere that he isn't there anymore I think. regardless, they did some nice work for me on a Mach 26 prop, and they were very reasonable. I have a couple others I need to send them here shortly. I definitely would give them a shout. Good guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

I tested 4 of the Cutting Edge props over the weekend at Elsinore. They definitely now how to build a prop. Told them how my Bravos were running, a labbed 24/4 blade and a stock 26/4 blade. My labbed 24 was good. The stock 26 was not so good. It slipped from beginning to end. The slip was so bad, I thought there was something seriously wrong with the boat. Called Cutting Edge, told them my problem. They sent me out with a 24/5 blade they had in stock. That prop required no tab to plan. My Bravos need the tabs buried. You could feel the boat accelerate, very little slip. Ran out of prop. Reported the numbers, how the boat reacted, had 3 different props to test by the end of the week. One was a 25/5 blade, and two different 26/4 blades. They absolutely nailed it. The top end was within 2 mph, the rpm's were within 200. Very little tab to plan, and accelerated nice. Did not fell the slip I felt with the Bravos. Mph were higher then the Bravos and got there quiker and never hit the rev limiter. Taking them in tomorrow for some minor tweeking to try and get another 200 rpm's, should gain 3-4 more mph.