Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BoatPix???

BoatPix???

I was out on the lake today (near the island) and a helicopter flew around my boat a few times and took aerial photos. The helicopter said BoatPix.com on the side. I went to their website and it appears you have to give them your info, some money and they will then mail you pictures. You keep what you want and send back what you don't. Anyone have an experience with BoatPix.com? I'd love to have an aerial shot of my boat!!
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 03-17-2014 at 01:19 AM.

I have read threads about this on many websites. Some people are very happy with the pictures and how the transaction works. Others are not. My wife and I were out with Grads and Mrs. Daytona once and they took pictures of us. We were the one of the only boats on the water at that time. None of the pictures where that great and they didn't have one picture where you could see all 4 of us even though they circled us 2 or 3 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

They are out most weekend here in Lauderdale they shot my old Scarab Several years ago. They contacted me because of my AZ reg #'s
    Great pics several different angles

Good pics but they are pretty spendy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they seem a little pricey. It looks like they want $250 for a 16" x 20". You can get the files but they range from $500-$1,000. Did you guys order a print or the file?

I just filled out the info and gave them my credit card info. Can't wait to see what they look like!

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    Yes they seem a little pricey. It looks like they want $250 for a 16" x 20". You can get the files but they range from $500-$1,000. Did you guys order a print or the file?
    500 to a G, I may need to throw the DSLR on the quad and go for it, wow.

I did it "once"....they're $250 each for a 16" x 20" I think that's the size of the pics, you have to pay for all them (4-5 pics) before they ship them, then whatever you don't want they reimburse your CC, the process sucks and they're expensive.
    The way we've been doing it is getting 8-10 guys together and a photographer, rent a copter for two hours and split the cost, now it's easier if you're in a boat club like we are, we're in FMO and we do it a few times a year, pics turn out great.

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    I just filled out the info and gave them my credit card info. Can't wait to see what they look like!
    Big mistake. I will post my experiences with them a little later. I'm a little busy right now.

And FYI, you can rent your own helicopter for $400-500.

Thought about it once. They followed me around Havasu for 10 minutes one day. Once I read the fine details and everything else said no way. All I wanted to do was preview the photos so I could decide which ones I was going to order.
    If you could veiw the photos (watermakred to avoid the digitial download) online for a small dollar amount then purchase, I think they could make more $$.