Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Nice pics.....how's the wind down there??

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Nice pics.....how's the wind down there??
    While it was breezy on Saturday, the water conditions were better (at least in the mini) than on Sunday with the shorter course. We ended up getting an observer from Scotland at the last minute Saturday, Tony was pretty happy with his races and probably increased his confidence level.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    While it was breezy on Saturday, the water conditions were better (at least in the mini) than on Sunday with the shorter course. We ended up getting an observer from Scotland at the last minute Saturday, Tony was pretty happy with his races and probably increased his confidence level.
    I didn't know you were there...I would've looked for you.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    OB1, I'm ignorant to who's doing what, can you explain your team? Boat, Driver, Observer, Skier, class etc, I'm kinda lost. How did your team finish?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    OB1, I'm ignorant to who's doing what, can you explain your team? Boat, Driver, Observer, Skier, class etc, I'm kinda lost. How did your team finish?

CH3NO2
    Last year I got asked to drive the #87 boat (white outdrive Hallett Vector with a blower motor) for it's owner, Tony Maric. I think Nick Rose suggested to him that I had experience. He had previously just started showing up at the races and asked for rides, or even showed up at the Catalina race with just his ski and one of his boats and looked around to find drivers and observers. I do have many years of experience in all phases, skiing, driving and observing, so I understand the types of things he needs to learn, and patience needed for him to regain his confidence in his ability after taking a pretty fast fall a couple of years back with a team that didn't know him as a skier.

Anyway,, borrowed Alfredo Alongi from Scotland to observe for Tony for the weekend, he normally drives but did a nice job of keeping me informed. Tony skis Men's Novice, not sure of our finishing positions, more important was the learning progress for him and that he was happy with himself.
    Last edited by obnoxious001; 03-09-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Random Parker Water Ski Pics

Thank you!

Windy, but the water isn't too bad. I hope it gets calmer...I'm planning on getting in the water today

Sent from my Bat Cave