Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Getting on the Banned Wagon?

So, PVHC's thread got me thinking. How does this work?

I've been on every boating message board there is, and other message boards too, since they appeared on the net...but I've never found myself being banned, placed in time-out, infracted, retracted, redacted....nothing.

Is it really due to pissing off a single person, or is it that some people just don't know when (or can't) STFU?

Which is it?

I dont know as I have never been banned either.
    Maybe we can ask Grads today when he gets back.

This should go well LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by C-2 View Post

I've been on every boating message board there is, and other message boards too, since they appeared on the net...but I've never found myself being banned, placed in time-out, infracted, retracted, redacted....nothing.

Is it really due to pissing off a single person, or is it that some people just don't know when (or can't) STFU?

Which is it?
    I received a few Mod threats for calling him out on specific factual things....so if something is directed at a particular person and they have "the power" to be an ass to you then I can see it happening..........or if your comment is unpopular by the masses then the lynchmob comes to court.
    These days I go with the Cest La Vie attitude and just let it be. Life's too short to waste good energy on petty internet squabbles.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Which is it?
    I think it's the "STFU" part you mentioned

I've managed to keep myself off the "Banned Wagon" as well, mainly because of 2 reasons

1. I don't give a fuck

2. I use a lot of these
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Which is it?
    that's because you don't know where the buttons are and when to push them.

It can be due to a single person. Or it can be the general wishes of the core group.
    It can go the opposite way as well. Grads can shit on the floor and get away with it here, because here is like the cute puppy, not so much on other sites.

Unforgiven
    I got my first vacation for using the "C" word..(im sure you can figure it out) It got me a weeks vacation..but ever since I might get a PM to watch where I'm going with my subjects but thats about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    ...or if your comment is unpopular by the masses then the lynchmob comes to court.
    These days I go with the Cest La Vie attitude and just let it be. Life's too short to waste good energy on petty internet squabbles.
    I think if your comments are unpopular with the masses, then you just take your lumps and move on. Or if you can't move on, then I guess that's what leads to the point of no return.

I miss half the crap that takes place leading to people being banned, but then again, I don't go looking for it, either.

It's just odd, same people, different place, same results.

I agree with you Ziggy, don't sweat the petty.

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    I think it's the "STFU" part you mentioned

2. I use a lot of these
    You can say ANYTHING if you use enough smileys

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    I got my first vacation for using the "C" word..(im sure you can figure it out) It got me a weeks vacation..but ever since I might get a PM to watch where I'm going with my subjects but thats about it...
    No doubt some one was mortified.