Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.b.c

B.b.c

Here's a decent little marine engine I put together awhile back. Pump gas 496, forged assembly 10-1, AFR 305 heads, Straub h.r. cam. Thump's pretty good for a lake boat motor. Name:  496-1.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  76.9 KBName:  496-2.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  64.5 KBName:  496-3.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  65.9 KB

You never cease to amaze me.

Sent from my Bat Cave

WESTERNAERO
    Have you run it with that fuel pump? I asked about those a while back. Thought you needed a bypass regulator with it?

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Have you run it with that fuel pump? I asked about those a while back. Thought you needed a bypass regulator with it?
    I've only ran it for about 30 minutes before I put it back in the barn. I bought the regulator from race pump also. No bypass lines running back to tank or looping to feed.

What are you going to run it in?

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    What are you going to run it in?
    A lake beater Biesemeyer. I'm gonna play wannabe circle racer.

I was checking out those fuel pumps a couple weeks ago. As soon as I have problems with my electric fuel pump in my Spectra it's gone and I am going with this set-up. It looks like it will clear my motor plates perfectly. Here's the answer to why no bypass regulator from parts website....(you do need to run a dead head regulator though).

This is how Race Pumps fuel pumps can be used on any engine from 200-2,500 hp. Race Pumps' variable-stroke piston actually pumps less or more fuel as needed. Because of this variable flow, it doesn't need a bypass-type regulator or return line like traditional constant-pressure pumps do.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    I was checking out those fuel pumps a couple weeks ago. As soon as I have problems with my electric fuel pump in my Spectra it's gone and I am going with this set-up. It looks like it will clear my motor plates perfectly. Here's the answer to why no bypass regulator from parts website....(you do need to run a dead head regulator though).

This is how Race Pumps fuel pumps can be used on any engine from 200-2,500 hp. Race Pumps' variable-stroke piston actually pumps less or more fuel as needed. Because of this variable flow, it doesn't need a bypass-type regulator or return line like traditional constant-pressure pumps do.
    I just like the simplicity of them. But I already bought a Weldon so I'm good for life.

WESTERNAERO
    RBS superchargers has the river rat timing cover and kuhl water pumps on their website. Just letting you know incase you ever need parts for that setup.

RBS superchargers has the river rat timing cover and kuhl water pumps on their website. Just letting you know incase you ever need parts for that setup.
    Thank's for the info. I also picked up one of the RR pump caps from Mike Kuhl.Name:  river rat pump cover.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  72.0 KB