Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    NOW, financial people. Don't get me started. Its ALL GREED, and it has been all thru history. They make nothing, and contribute nothing.
    Glad we got that out in the open. Looks like I have nothing to add here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Glad we got that out in the open. Looks like I have nothing to add here.
    I guess if you have enough dough to buy your cars, homes, and pay for your business ventures in cash, more power to you

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I guess if you have enough dough to buy your cars, homes, and pay for your business ventures in cash, more power to you
    I guess. Henry Ford built the Ford Motor Company without borrowing a dime from a bank. He went from a garage to the River Rouge plant, the largest manufacturing plant in the world at the time, and produced 1000 cars a day, within 20 years, with out banks. Banks were never in a position to take it, like Edison and Westinghouse.

Homes can be a different story, I didn't buy my house, I rented it from the bank on a rent to own basis. Everybody does. Second homes are a different story, But you are going to rent something anyway, might as well rent to own.
    Cars and boats. I learned long ago I can pay for a car quicker and faster, cheaper by making payments to a bank account, then to a bank loan. When the car is "paid off", I go buy it. Right now I am paying off a 2015 Mustang. I'll let you know how that works out when they arrive,
    Last edited by gn7; 03-04-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I would but hookers and blow don't provide financing options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I would but hookers and blow don't provide financing options.
    You need to get hooked up. You can get both with a EBT card. Then its government subsidized.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    You need to get hooked up. You can get both with a EBT card. Then its government subsidized.
    No shit!!

The whole time I watched that series it kept coming back to me that there is no way this country would have prospered and become what it had (until the past couple decades) without these types of men, the lack of govt regulation, and the ruthlessness.
    Makes me proud to be an American.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowride View Post
    The whole time I watched that series it kept coming back to me that there is no way this country would have prospered and become what it had (until the past couple decades) without these types of men, the lack of govt regulation, and the ruthlessness.
    Makes me proud to be an American.
    It was the wild wild West of the industrial revolution era.