Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I would but hookers and blow don't provide financing options.
    You need to get hooked up. You can get both with a EBT card. Then its government subsidized.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    You need to get hooked up. You can get both with a EBT card. Then its government subsidized.
    No shit!!

The whole time I watched that series it kept coming back to me that there is no way this country would have prospered and become what it had (until the past couple decades) without these types of men, the lack of govt regulation, and the ruthlessness.
    Makes me proud to be an American.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowride View Post
    The whole time I watched that series it kept coming back to me that there is no way this country would have prospered and become what it had (until the past couple decades) without these types of men, the lack of govt regulation, and the ruthlessness.
    Makes me proud to be an American.
    It was the wild wild West of the industrial revolution era.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    It was the wild wild West of the industrial revolution era.
    Hands down the best description ever said regarding the U.S. from where was as the largest producer and lender, the largest consumer and borrower.
    The strong survive, and the weak get driven over. As it should be.

If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
    Ronald Reagan

What is the American Dream?

My father was a bricklayer and I went on the payroll of the company he worked for at the age of 11. I started my own masonry company at the age of twenty because I wanted to be more than a bricklayer. In so doing, my company supported a large number of other breadwinners and I felt a sense of responsibility to them. I later went into land sales because I wanted to raise my children myself and the masonry business afforded little time to be with them.

I have always wanted to have and be more than my predecessors, financially speaking, because I was taught there was a lot more room at the top than fighting it out in the blue collar workplace. If that's greed - then so be it.
    As anyone at the top will tell you, it's never "enough" (Bill Gates just went to the top again yesterday, according to Forbes) and success, as the world calls it, is almost always shared with employees and service providers who directly benefit from these efforts. I'll call it free enterprise - epitomized. Call it greed if you want.
    The best things in life aren't things!

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    What is the American Dream?

My father was a bricklayer and I went on the payroll of the company he worked for at the age of 11. I started my own masonry company at the age of twenty because I wanted to be more than a bricklayer. In so doing, my company supported a large number of other breadwinners and I felt a sense of responsibility to them. I later went into land sales because I wanted to raise my children myself and the masonry business afforded little time to be with them.

I have always wanted to have and be more than my predecessors, financially speaking, because I was taught there was a lot more room at the top than fighting it out in the blue collar workplace. If that's greed - then so be it.
    As anyone at the top will tell you, it's never "enough" (Bill Gates just went to the top again yesterday, according to Forbes) and success, as the world calls it, is almost always shared with employees and service providers who directly benefit from these efforts. I'll call it free enterprise - epitomized. Call it greed if you want.
    11? wow. I was just talking to someone yesterday about starting work when I was 13. Been working ever since. But 11? holy cow

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    11? wow. I was just talking to someone yesterday about starting work when I was 13. Been working ever since. But 11? holy cow
    I went to work with my dad most Saturdays and all summer before that but I was told I could go on the payroll with my first hourly wage ($1. per hour) when I could push a full wheelbarrow of scrap block up on to a flatbed truck and dump it without spilling. Sounds like cheap labor but my friends all had paper routes and they made around $15-18 bucks a week. I got fifty every week so I thought I was really something. I wasn't then nor have been since but at least I thought it when it mattered in life.
    The best things in life aren't things!

There's also ego.

I see nothing wrong with a little ego. If you've done something with some level of success there's nothing wrong with ego...you're making safe decisions because you can see the end result...why? Because of your ego.

However, ego drives just fine but doesn't steer for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    There's also ego.

I see nothing wrong with a little ego. If you've done something with some level of success there's nothing wrong with ego...you're making safe decisions because you can see the end result...why? Because of your ego.

However, ego drives just fine but doesn't steer for shit.
    When you're drag racing, you don't need to steer