Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    There's also ego.
    That's what made me successful. If there weren't constantly stack ranking reports comparing me to others, I would have a pretty comfy job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    When you're drag racing, you don't need to steer
    What do you when you run out of track?

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    That's what made me successful. If there weren't constantly stack ranking reports comparing me to others, I would have a pretty comfy job.
    That made me think of comparison also. I know I do it all the time...and I know it's not good etiquette to compare but without comparison, how do you know you're doing ok?

BTW, shit just went sideways last Friday. Give me a ring tomorrow if you have a chance.

...and I know it's not good etiquette to compare but without comparison, how do you know you're doing ok?
    Ask your wife!

BTW, shit just went sideways last Friday. Give me a ring tomorrow if you have a chance.
    I'll be around. You might need to call me. I'm all over the place with a couple files. Slammed and forgetful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Ask your wife!

I'll be around. You might need to call me. I'm all over the place with a couple files. Slammed and forgetful.
    I did ask her and she asked what I was doing in her house.

Ok...I'll call you but if you don't answer I'll be in the same boat.

When you're drag racing, you don't need to steer
    Let me guess, you've never driven a pro-mod, funny car or an altered roadster?
    The best things in life aren't things!

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Let me guess, you've never driven a pro-mod, funny car or an altered roadster?
    Actually no I haven't, but it was more a figure of speech. But don't they use brakes to steer because the wheels are off the ground anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually no I haven't, but it was more a figure of speech. But don't they use brakes to steer because the wheels are off the ground anyway?
    Sand cars do but not real drag cars. The show-stopping wheel-standers use such brakes but you won't see individual-side brakes on any big-time drag car. My sons drive our funny cars and there is no steering for the first few hundred feet. You must set the car up and balance the roll-out of the rear tires then aim it perfectly in the beams if you want to be in your own lane when the front tires set down and let you start steering. During the run however, there's lots of steering done, trust me! Here's one of our cars with Buzzz "Wannabe" driving.

Sand cars do but not real drag cars. The show-stopping wheel-standers use such brakes but you won't see individual-side brakes on any big-time drag car. My sons drive our funny cars and there is no steering for the first few hundred feet. You must set the car up and balance the roll-out of the rear tires then aim it perfectly in the beams if you want to be in your own lane when the front tires set down and let you start steering. During the run however, there's lots of steering done, trust me! Here's one of our cars with Buzzz "Wannabe" driving.

Hey Doc, did you guys race last weekend at Wildhorse, Div 7 I think it's called? Nice looking car, is it TAFC?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

No we didn't. We haven't made a pass since Obama took office. We still have cars and engines but our businesses all fell completely off cliffs the day he was elected. Maybe some day soon.
    When we did race, we ran CIFCA (California Independent Funny Car Association) all over the Western US. Great group and it was an affordable platform when they ran the 7.50 et index. When they decided to run faster, into the sixes, everybody blew their crap up and the circuit died shortly thereafter.

No we didn't. We haven't made a pass since Obama took office. We still have cars and engines but our businesses all fell completely off cliffs the day he was elected. Maybe some day soon.
    When we did race, we ran CIFCA (California Independent Funny Car Association) all over the Western US. Great group and it was an affordable platform when they ran the 7.50 et index. When they decided to run faster, into the sixes, everybody blew their crap up and the circuit died shortly thereafter.

So much for keeping politics out of this thread.