Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Huntington Beach, CA/ Lake Havasu City, AZ

GoPro Movie Creations

Ok, so I have a couple of GoPros. What software do you guys use? I downloaded iMovie on my iPad, is this a decent software that is user friendly? Does anyone use a PC and if so, what software do you use?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

iMovie is cool but limited. Simple and will get a video uploaded.

For the PC I use Adobe Premiere Pro but have found that Adobe Premiere Elements has a lot of the same bells and whistles at a significantly lower cost. In Elements the same Pro functionality is a little more hidden and a difficult to use but it gets the job done.

With elements you can sign into a youtube account so you can upload directly from the editing software. In the Adobe platform you can also drag photoshop and illustrator files directly into the software for overlays and graphics.

I try to use Adobe and GoPro II with little success but I'm just starting out and have not put much time into it. Hell I'm barely figuring out the camera and its capabilities.
    “Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

― Bluto' Blutarsky in "Animal House"

Power director works great. Has a lot of extras that other software does not have.

Quote Originally Posted by AZKC View Post
    I try to use Adobe and GoPro II with little success but I'm just starting out and have not put much time into it. Hell I'm barely figuring out the camera and its capabilities.
    Me too, plus I lack patience to edit. :(

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

I've used iMovie and Adobe Premier. Both are great products, whatever software you choose it will most likely take a little time getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by She's Mine View Post
    Ok, so I have a couple of GoPros. What software do you guys use? I downloaded iMovie on my iPad, is this a decent software that is user friendly? Does anyone use a PC and if so, what software do you use?
    Also, make sure you don't store your cameras in their housings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    iMovie is cool but limited. Simple and will get a video uploaded.

For the PC I use Adobe Premiere Pro but have found that Adobe Premiere Elements has a lot of the same bells and whistles at a significantly lower cost. In Elements the same Pro functionality is a little more hidden and a difficult to use but it gets the job done.

With elements you can sign into a youtube account so you can upload directly from the editing software. In the Adobe platform you can also drag photoshop and illustrator files directly into the software for overlays and graphics.
    What would you know, go pro thief!

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    Also, make sure you don't store your cameras in their housings.
    That is good advice. I also put tape over the case lens. Another thing, use the little orange clip that is provided by go pro, it stops the clicking then the camera bounces around while filming.

Quote Originally Posted by H2oSki2Fast View Post
    What would you know, go pro thief!