Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    I have noticed a lot more new posters after the past couple days of this topic!
    HOTBOAT actually made this thread real interesting..there were alot of questions I wanted to ask but most of them got covered..Now all thats left are the real serious questions.....

So HOTBOAT, What are the chances of Greenbay making it to the superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    HOTBOAT actually made this thread real interesting..there were alot of questions I wanted to ask but most of them got covered..Now all thats left are the real serious questions.....

Not this year! Steelers are going to take it 😀!!!

Oh the irony of this question.

I'm going to defer to my counterpart. He's much more knowledgeable on the subject. You can contact him here:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic.html

LOL

So what are you trying to say? Core Posters need time off? have they personally done anything to offend you? harass you? Or is it their postings aren't boat related?
    Thread after thread of the same stupid shit , honestly how long does it take for the same people to shit up a thread ? It turns to drinking some stupid sexual comment just plain old imature crap
    . It didnt start out like that there were only 20 of us who posted regular and wanted a good quqlity site, for the first 6 months ,we talked about hanging banners how to get a interview with Jim Shubin sponsoring skiers and events starting the facebook account getting new members to look at face book etc. . the site has gotten so far off track it probably cant be fixed without a major over haul . Its not my site doesnt matter to me what happens to it just my observation . And nobody said or did anything

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Thread after thread of the same stupid shit , honestly how long does it take for the same people to shit up a thread ? It turns to drinking some stupid sexual comment just plain old imature crap
    . It didnt start out like that there were only 20 of us who posted regular and wanted a good quqlity site, for the first 6 months ,we talked about hanging banners how to get a interview with Jim Shubin sponsoring skiers and events starting the facebook account getting new members to look at face book etc. . the site has gotten so far off track it probably cant be fixed without a major over haul . Its not my site doesnt matter to me what happens to it just my observation . And nobody said or did anything
    X2. It gets old really fast!

Unforgiven
    so are you thinking that we might create a new "Stupid zone" so the off banter shit can be moved out (where it can continue) and leave the sandbar strictly boating related? I'm not shooting you down..I like to hear other peoples ideas about what they like to see in Forums..This would create more work for the MODS or the need for more MODs( I see a job opening) Currently if shit gets out of hand it's moved..not deleted but moved..we just can't see it! So Vic..maybe we can find a way to clean up the sandbar but still have an "zone" where the bantering can continue..keep the same same rules ...

so are you thinking that we might create a new "Stupid zone" so the off banter shit can be moved out (where it can continue) and leave the sandbar strictly boating related? I'm not shooting you down..I like to hear other peoples ideas about what they like to see in Forums..This would create more work for the MODS or the need for more MODs( I see a job opening) Currently if shit gets out of hand it's moved..not deleted but moved..we just can't see it! So Vic..maybe we can find a way to clean up the sandbar but still have an "zone" where the bantering can continue..keep the same same rules ...

You mean something like "the lighter side" . LMAO

Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    You mean something like "the lighter side" . LMAO
    something like that..I just didn't want to use that term...But you know what I mean..

Quote Originally Posted by SFV2RVR View Post
    X2. It gets old really fast!
    I know both of you guys and I respect both of you. Never given me a reason not to. But it seems to me some what you're saying here stems from other reasons. Its a little transparent to me honestly, and its been going on for awhile now. I will not get in to the reasons why things changed, if you want to know, give me a call and I will share the truth with you, as long as its in confidence.

The Shubin interview was done, but I'm not sure what that has to do with boating. Its a bar, and as far as I know it still isn't open. We did our best to put together a quality piece on them, and I think we accomplished that. We sponsored skiers early on. For some reason it just didn't seem to work. Maybe we sponsored the wrong skier, I don't know. I won't say that we won't do it again, but I am being selective in regard to where the money goes. This site has not generated millions of dollars, in fact, in just over a year of operation it has generated less than what most people make in a month. If you're interested to know what I've spent, give me a call, I'll share that with you too.

As far as drinking, sexual comments, and immaturity? You've just described about 95% of the population. We can probably count out most of the priests, rabbi's and pastors

As far as a good quality site. The foundation has been built and the bones are in place. The structure is here. I/we/me/us do not and cannot make this place what you want it to be. That's entirely up to you. We will do our best to bring as much content as we possibly can, but the rest is really up to you, the members and contributors to the site. God knows I delete one inappropriate post or comment and I get pounced on.

As the owner of this place, I can't control who posts what, as long as it is within the confines of what few rules we have. I cannot make a blanket statement to the effect "This is purely a boating site, any other content will not be permitted or allowed". You know that, I know that, and the members know that. And honestly, this is a social site, not a pure tech site.

As far as what happens to this site, I'm sorry to hear you don't care. I care. It may not seem like it to many, but keeping this place up and running, both infrastructure wise and trying to keep the chickens all going in the same direction, is almost a full time job. If I didn't care I would imagine it would be very similar to the hotboat.com of old toward the end, pure chaos.

I appreciate the content both of you have brought to the site, it is greatly appreciated. And I hope you continue to do so. Both of you are respected in the boating community. Both of you have absolutely beautiful boats. And both of you know you're shit.

So help me to help you by outweighing the social/silly/immature aspect of any social site, with more solid boating content.

Thank you,
    HB

Quote Originally Posted by SFV2RVR View Post
    Bashing and speaking the truth are 2 different things!
    When you name names, its called bashing. Thanks.