Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickled View Post
    Eli, here's the difference, as I see it. If I were a mod or owner over there. I would have descended the hand of God upon the guys who said those things. They would have never been back. Totally inappropriate. That treatment of anyone on a forum should not be tolerated, much less laughed at.
    Thank you sweetie. I think I know what you're referring to. I appreciate your concern.

I came on the forums not knowing anyone but Grads. I lurked for awhile, then started posting on threads here and there. Before long I was posting all the time. Forum members will include you if you are posting. If you are not posting, they won't know you from Adam. Everyone I have met in person from the forums, have been great people...and I have met quit a few people from the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    We get letters, #5:

"With all the members that have signed up over the last year, does it bother you at all that it seems to be the same 5-8 members posting in the sandbar hour after hour, day after day?

And is there any way to change this and get other members posting up?"

Interesting question. The numbers of lurkers on the site daily is actually quite high. Most seem to lurk around (which is fine) but do not post. So it strikes me as odd when I get a question like this. Yes, we have signed up a lot of new members. But for some reason it seems many of them do not post. Unfortunately I cannot answer why. Maybe they're waiting to see if anyone else will post first?

Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question.

Thank you,
    HB
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    I will take a shot at this for you Vic, but don't take it as a slam, it IS NOT. Its a personal observation of the undeniable facts.
    YOU are on the inside. You can't see the forest because the trees are in you way. All sites, regardless the "topic theme" of the site have their core group. However, some websites that have a "topic theme" really have very little discussion on that topic. Odd but true. This not the only boat site that functions this way, and its not hard to tell that this site is really more of an off shoot of THAT website, than other boating sites, or even its "name sake" site. This NOT that HotBoat.com. I know, I was a member too. There may some similarities in the forum you and others hung out in, but that was ONE forum on that site. Same could be said for PB today. There are those that never venture out of Open Water there. But is NOT the most popular and most posted in forum there. There is more talk about boats, from people that own boats on that site and others, than all the non boat discussion COMBINED!
    Now go look at the "other" site and see the amount of Lounge Lizards posting. Then look in the forums talking about boats. See any similarities?

This site functions more as a Facebook page than a boating theme website. Its the direction the owners and original members that left the other site took it.
    Question is WHY was this site started? Because you liked the other site, just not some the people on it? Or some of the content that was allowed? Too much negativity? What ever the reason, it was YOUR reason and that's COOL. But don't expect it to be any different except you are in control of the language, politics, pictures, etc. Other than that, ITS THE SAME DAMN SITE! Different players in a different party, but its still an on line party. Its social chat room, for a core clique.

It is what you choose to make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I think Bob is right on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    I think Bob is sorta right on this.
    Again, gotta agree with Bob here. You ask a question, then disagree with honest answers from guys who read and don't post. Forums are a real interesting place. Take Eli for example, never met her. She seems like a great, sweet woman, full of life and laughs. But why would ANYONE try so damned hard to fit in on a boating website? I watched her "over there" when she first came around. She was treated extraordinarly poorly. I felt bad for her, all I could do was close the forum and think what a bunch of rat fuck guys would say those kind of things about a woman.

THAT is not being inclusive. If she was just being "hazed" screw that, it's an internet forum. Who wants that? I wander over here and POOF!! there she is, accepted. That said, nearly 100 percent of the posters here came from there, why? Is this beach better than that beach?

I don't have the answers, just a fresh set of eyes, that see's things pretty clearly. If you can't see the clique building, sorry.

Back at the very beginning of this forum. I posted something I cannot find now. I predicted this very thing would happen. Go look. With as few posts as I have it should be easy to find. I just can't work the search function properly. Completely predicable behavior.
    I agree with all of this. But back to We get letters, #5: .
    This is the only reason why i login but don't post?

I check my PM's and when theres a photo posted so i can see it, not just a thumnail that you can't see.
    No need to reply back to me on this as i'm not here to Debate on it.
    Have a nice day

Eli, here's the difference, as I see it. If I were a mod or owner over there. I would have descended the hand of God upon the guys who said those things. They would have never been back. Totally inappropriate. That treatment of anyone on a forum should not be tolerated, much less laughed at.
    Wow..I must have missed something over on RD's. Sure there maybe had been some in my mind fun hazing. But I didn't read all the posts. What I did see was Eli very involved on RD's posting pics from the bar at the Nautical Bar (I meet her there), posting pics from San Diego with JBB at the races and after party and last I seen of her was the pics at the taco party at RD's house with his wife and kids in Oct or Nov.? If things were so bad I doubt she would have been doing these things with RD and the other members. Then poof she was gone from there and now here.

Vic has set the rules here and I will abide by them. If he starts a political section here then I'm gone.

Pickled, you shouldn't defend someone who chastised and bullied a heavy BOATING RELATED poster into forum suicide to take their head at the forum table.

She did the exact thing you hate "the other site" for..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    Then poof she was gone from there..............
    Does it sometimes make you wonder the exact reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Pickled, you shouldn't defend someone who chastised and bullied a heavy BOATING RELATED poster into forum suicide to take their head at the forum table.

Quote me where I stated "hating" anything. And I didn't really defend her as much as detest the manner she OR ANY WOMAN was spoken to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    Wow..I must have missed something over on RD's. Sure there maybe had been some in my mind fun hazing. But I didn't read all the posts. What I did see was Eli very involved on RD's posting pics from the bar at the Nautical Bar (I meet her there), posting pics from San Diego with JBB at the races and after party and last I seen of her was the pics at the taco party at RD's house with his wife and kids in Oct or Nov.? If things were so bad I doubt she would have been doing these things with RD and the other members. Then poof she was gone from there and now here.

Vic has set the rules here and I will abide by them. If he starts a political section here then I'm gone.

I'm not sure exactly how this thread turned in to what it did, but man did it get off course. But this is going a little too far.

Lets keep it civilized gentlemen. I'd like to think I'm pretty fair, but by the comments posted here today it appears I am not. So don't make me do something I don't think I would normally not do. Does that make sense? LOL Fuck. GN7 has me all twisted up today. Old fucker anyway. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Party Bus View Post
    I agree with all of this. But back to We get letters, #5: .
    This is the only reason why i login but don't post?

I check my PM's and when theres a photo posted so i can see it, not just a thumnail that you can't see.
    No need to reply back to me on this as i'm not here to Debate on it.
    Have a nice day
    I get it. You pop in take your shots and then you're out. Not sure what I've ever done to you. Pretty sure nothing that I can remember.

But it is what it is.

Still good to see you.

You make some wild accusations that don't even make sense. I don't/didn't make anyone do anything. Nor do I know what you're talking about. If I had that type of power, I would use it for good. i.e. make you stop posting here! oh and here you go
    Last edited by Eli; 03-04-2014 at 08:45 PM.