Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Pretty sure I agreed with both of you based on the definition of clique with one exception.

Maybe I wasn't clear.

If you're saying this is a private party, you're way off course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Pretty sure I agreed with both of you based on the definition of clique with one exception.

Maybe I wasn't clear.

If you're saying this is a private party, you're way off course.

Nope, not looking to argue, just telling you what a fresh set of eyes see's. I have no skin in the game. I was actually accused of being Tom Brown here in the first few posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickled View Post
    Back at the very beginning of this forum. I posted something I cannot find now. I predicted this very thing would happen. Go look. With as few posts as I have it should be easy to find. I just can't work the search function properly. Completely predicable behavior.
    Click on your name and then View Forum Posts. That will show you what you have posted without the search function.

Nope, not looking to argue, just telling you what a fresh set of eyes see's. I have no skin in the game. I was actually accused of being Tom Brown here in the first few posts.
    Who's arguing? I'm agreeing with you.

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthrea...wn)-free/page4

Post number 38, predictive behavior? It doesn't take a social genius to see how it would and will go.

Predicting Grads getting banned doesn't count. Too easy.
    Last edited by Pickled; 03-04-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Is this thread where Producers got the idea for the movie "Sideways"
    21' RC
    28' Magic Deck
    36' Concept
    19' 1966 "Wood Deck" Sanger

Take Eli for example, never met her. She seems like a great, sweet woman, full of life and laughs. But why would ANYONE try so damned hard to fit in on a boating website? I watched her "over there" when she first came around. She was treated extraordinarly poorly. I felt bad for her, all I could do was close the forum and think what a bunch of rat fuck guys would say those kind of things about a woman.

THAT is not being inclusive. If she was just being "hazed" screw that, it's an internet forum. Who wants that? I wander over here and POOF!! there she is, accepted. That said, nearly 100 percent of the posters here came from there, why? Is this beach better than that beach?
    Thank you and I am genuinely very sweet and I hope I give people lots of laughs. But, what you probably didn't notice over "there" is that there was only a handful of people who treated me "extraordinarily poorly". Some of them for stupid reasons that I won't get into. For the most part, the majority of comments were jokes, take HolyMoly for example, he gave me so much grief, but he's super nice and the grief was all in fun. Almost every time someone posted something that appeared mean, it was followed by a PM that said, "hey check out this thread/post, I kicked you in the nuts, haha." I laughed and played along, not because I want to fit in, but because I appreciate the humor and I dish it out myself. There was the exception of the handful of "hazers" who don't spend much time here, if any. With that said, I didn't "try" to fit in. I put myself out there because I am an outgoing person who truly enjoys the company of other good people and I can ignore the bad people. I have been told I am a rare breed and I agree. I've been like this all my life and I have no plans on changing. I love who I am. Please don't ever feel bad for me.

What's different here is that people are nicer, yes even those who are on both sites. Maybe it's because they aren't as concerned about being chastised by the "hazers". I think it's because this website doesn't breed anger and hate, it encourages a community of boaters to enjoy a common interest. Chastising people is frowned upon here and not encouraged as it is "there".

Also, if you go to your profile you can click on the tab on the top and find all of your posts. Let me know if you need help, I'd be happy to show you how to find the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Is this thread where Producers got the idea for the movie "Sideways"
    Lol it started out harmless enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Thank you and I am genuinely very sweet and I hope I give people lots of laughs. But, what you probably didn't notice over "there" is that there was only a handful of people who treated me "extraordinarily poorly". Some of them for stupid reasons that I won't get into. For the most part, the majority of comments were jokes, take HolyMoly for example, he gave me so much grief, but he's super nice and the grief was all in fun. Almost every time someone posted something that appeared mean, it was followed by a PM that said, "hey check out this thread/post, I kicked you in the nuts, haha." I laughed and played along, not because I want to fit in, but because I appreciate the humor and I dish it out myself. There was the exception of the handful of "hazers" who don't spend much time here, if any. With that said, I didn't "try" to fit in. I put myself out there because I am an outgoing person who truly enjoys the company of other good people and I can ignore the bad people. I have been told I am a rare breed and I agree. I've been like this all my life and I have no plans on changing. I love who I am. Please don't ever feel bad for me.

What's different here is that people are nicer, yes even those who are on both sites. Maybe it's because they aren't as concerned about being chastised by the "hazers". I think it's because this website doesn't breed anger and hate, it encourages a community of boaters to enjoy a common interest. Chastising people is frowned upon here and not encouraged as it is "there".

Also, if you go to your profile you can click on the tab on the top and find all of your posts. Let me know if you need help, I'd be happy to show you how to find the posts.
    Eli, here's the difference, as I see it. If I were a mod or owner over there. I would have descended the hand of God upon the guys who said those things. They would have never been back. Totally inappropriate. That treatment of anyone on a forum should not be tolerated, much less laughed at.

I'll let it go at that. Seems the input is only appreciated in small amounts!

Cheers,

Pickled.