Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    I think I've been a big supporter of the site. I've posted boating content, encouraged others to come aboard, participated in events, purchased merchandise and even offered to help out. I think one of my recent my threads was taken the wrong way. There's a sponsor I'm not a fan of. However this is your website not mine. So I'll keep my opinions of sponsors to myself from now on. That is if I'm still welcome to continue to post. Do I agree? I guess that's irrelevant. I'm here to participate in some boating content (I wish there was more. Especially in the tech sections) and shoot the shit about random bullshit as we all do here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was going to respond to your PM but might as well do it in the open. Yes, you have been a supporter and I appreciate that. But how many times have you seen a F*CK (insert advertiser name here) posted on this site?? I'll answer that for you, zero. That is after your post was taken down.

And before you get all huffy on me, understand there is no way for any of us to verify your complaint. It may be 100% true. But it was your experience, not ours.

There are a few places I will not patronize for various reasons. Those reasons are my reasons and after taking to people in private, I've found out that we don't share a lot of the same common complaints or positive experiences. You and I may patronize the same place and like, or dislike it, for different reasons.

I don't think your thread could have been taken any other way. You were clearly unhappy and that's unfortunate. But this isn't the place to post your personal dissatisfied feelings and comments. As I said in the other thread, the absence of positive comments and feedback about any business should be a very good indicator of where not to spend your money.

Now lets see some boating content please

I don't needs pm. I got nothing to hide.

My ? Is. Could you ask Eli out on date for me. .
    The party/nice Eli.

We get letters, #7:

"Do I have to PM or can I just ask here. I'm not shy, how many times can a member get banned until they get banned for good?"

Another good question. Back when we first started this place up we had a couple of members who just could not resist the temptation to launch character grenades at certain people. After numerous requests and several bannings (I want to say 3), I finally kicked them out for good.

In comparison the most recent banee's offense imo was not as pernicious as the previous offenders offense, but it was very close.

So to answer your question, we do not have a 3 strikes rule. But people have been permanently banned for cause, and I imagine they will not be the last.

I hope that answers your question.

HB

The official hotboat.com "We get letters" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Milkmoney View Post
    I don't needs pm. I got nothing to hide.

My ? Is. Could you ask Eli out on date for me. .
    The party/nice Eli.
    Knock it off!

Can I take your girlfriend out? She's hot!

Btw "we" are a package deal. You get the Eli you bring out of us

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Knock it off!

Can I take your girlfriend out? She's hot!

Btw "we" are a package deal. You get the Eli you bring out of us

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Knock what off. I was giving you a compliment. Lol.

And no u can't take her out.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkmoney View Post
    Knock what off. I was giving you a compliment. Lol.

And no u can't take her out.
    Thanks for the compliment...I'm not good at taking them. But, I can dish them out like a champ!

I don't blame you for not letting me near her...she will be "changed" forever

On a serious note, what did you have to do to convince her to date you? That's a question I'm confident a lot of people want to know.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    We get letters, #7:

"Do I have to PM or can I just ask here. I'm not shy, how many times can a member get banned until they get banned for good?"

Another good question. Back when we first started this place up we had a couple of members who just could not resist the temptation to launch character grenades at certain people. After numerous requests and several bannings (I want to say 3), I finally kicked them out for good.

In comparison the most recent banee's offense imo was not as pernicious as the previous offenders offense, but it was very close.

So to answer your question, we do not have a 3 strikes rule. But people have been permanently banned for cause, and I imagine they will not be the last.

I hope that answers your question.

HB
    Yes you did answer it and thanks and I think Eli as well as all the women are hot on this site.

We get letters, #8:

"Mr.HB, do you have another job or business aside from Hotboat.com? If so, how difficult is it to balance the two? Also, is having your own website more work than you thought it would be? And do you ever have those days where you wish you didn't have the burden of running HB.com?

Thank you! "

Yes
    Somewhat difficult
    Yes
    Yes

Those are the short answers, I'll try to give a brief response. First and foremost I am a boater. Have been for a long time. I love all boats, big, small, fast, and slow. As long as it has an internal combustion engine, the water is clear, and the beer is cold, I'm a happy camper.

That being said, I had a pretty good idea what I was getting myself in to when we started this thing back up. Both the time and financial investment, so no surprise there. My real job is intense right now, we're in our busy season and we are very busy. So that combined with this is adding up to big hours lately. But I know it won't always be like this and before you know it we'll be back on the water and work work will ease up a bit so we can enjoy all the hard work, so I'm ok with it.

As far as HB being a burden? I don't feel that way. When and if the day comes that it does become a burden or no more fun, I'll turn left or right and make a change. But I don't see that happening.

Now enough about the inner workings of HB. Lets get some boating questions please.

HB

With the other sites and couple of the new boating web-sites (won't mention them) starting up, what if any are your plans to "expand" Hotboat.com outside of the Southwest area.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Yes you did answer it and thanks and I think Eli as well as all the women are hot on this site.
    Thank you. With a wife as hot as yours, that is very flattering. ☺️

Sent from my Bat Cave