Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    My perception Vic, or that of someone else just reading.
    You the others making it real friendly here to discuss your question that started this exchange? No ridiculing? Like I said Vic, you know I don't give a rats ass. Not so sure about the guy that isn't posting, and how he feels bout doing so in the future. You either want participation from outside, you don't. Your driving the bus here.
    A couple others agreed with me of you BOTHER to go read them. But lets mock the idea as ludicrous, be WE know its not true. Right Vic.
    You've made it clear you don't give a rats ass Bob, you've said it at least 6-8 times.

And I think you're getting your words crossed up just a little. The couple other posters said they felt like this place was a clique, not once did I read anything about trashing other posters.

It seems you really don't like it here Bob.

I'm sorry I could not create a place that is to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing! I miss the little guy :(

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Really I didn't think you knew him THAT well

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    You know what's interesting about this thought?? Never once have I seen GRADS get aggressive on the site........he certainly does some weird stuff but he's not an argumentative guy that I've seen, he'll be back...........I hope
    True, he just likes to toss a stink bomb in and lock the door.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    True, he just likes to toss a stink bomb in and lock the door.

CH3NO2
    Yup....and no one does it any better

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    You've made it clear you don't give a rats ass Bob, you've said it at least 6-8 times.

And I think you're getting your words crossed up just a little. The couple other posters said they felt like this place was a clique, not once did I read anything about trashing other posters.

Some people just don't like it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post

I never said I axpected you to make a site to MY liking. Do even remember the origianl question and your response?

Never said anybody else said they were getting trashed. Some others did agree it has the appearance of a tight clique.
    Bob called it that, so lets kick Bob in the nut sack for calling us that.
    Now how does that set with those that agreed with me? Or those that agreed and didn't bother to post. The quite lurker thinking about posting, seeing the same thing I see?

You say you are soooo welcoming. Then when somebody tries to explain what might be the perception of some on the outside, you get all denfensive and start mocking that person. Go read my first post on this topic AGAIN. I knew full well this would be YOUR and the "groups" response, and I said it anyway.
    I would like to see it become something other than a chat room for a dozen people talking about whats playing on their radio, or what they had for lunch. But its of little interest to the core group, and it will take a different crowd for that to happen.

Not being critical Vic. You asked trhe question, I just suggested it may be the core group that dominates the front page, and he site ends there. Everything else is the nether regions. Like the abyss.

Could be, and don't hold me to this, but it could be as simple as the layout of the site. As simple as the layout from the top of the screen to the bottom. I don't now. I am not a website designer.

It was your question and response, not mine. I just responded to it, and now regretting I had. I can see how warmly it was recieved.

If it even matters to you. But then, you may not give anymore of a rats ass than I do.. You've made that perfectly clear to me.
    Last edited by gn7; 03-04-2014 at 06:28 PM.

WESTERNAERO
    I curious what would happen if the sandbar was closed for a week and the only posting was in the "boating" areas.

Hey Bob you win. See ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I didn't make the cut. :(
    Paul can you do the hugs thread again tomorrow?

Seriously, at least try posting if you want to make friends, I'm sure you have something in common with others here, if public is not your thing, try the PM method to meet potential friends.

I have crazy thoughts sometimes, here's one;
    I was a member on the original HB but I doubt I ever posted bc I was shy and then it imploded bf I got courage to post. I wanted to post so bad but was afraid to. My image of the Sandbar was exactly the Sandbar up river in the Gorge, 500 boats, a thousand people drinking and partying. I drove by it several times bf I got courage to stop and have a beer, man, I'm glad I did so now.

CH3NO2
    Those sandbar days were indescribable. We will never see days like those. Dumbasses ruined it. Just like we wont see the island of boats at Copper Canyon like we used to. Today, I would not join those "raft ups" if my life depended on it. Mostly because the asses I'm watching shimmy down the pole on the pontoon boat don't look kindly to the bald graying type .

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    I never said I axpected you to make a site to MY liking. Do even remember the origianl question and your response?

Never said anybody else said they were getting trashed. Some others did agree it has the appearance of a tight clique.
    Bob called it that, so lets kick Bob in the nut sack for calling us that.
    Now how does that set with those that agreed with me? Or those that agreed and didn't bother to post. The quite lurker thinking about posting, seeing the same thing I see?

You say you are soooo welcoming. Then when somebody tries to explain what might be the perception of some on the outside, you get all denfensive and start mocking that person. Go read my first post on this topic AGAIN. I knew full well this would be YOUR and the "groups" response, and I said it anyway.
    I would like to see it become something other than a chat room for a dozen people talking about whats playing on their radio, or what they had for lunch. But its of little interest to the core group, and it will take a different crowd for that to happen.

Not being critical Vic. You asked trhe question, I just suggested it may be the core group that dominates the front page, and he site ends there. Everything else is the nether regions. Like the abyss.

Could be, and don't hold me to this, but it could be as simple as the layout of the site. As simple as the layout from the top of the screen to the bottom. I don't now. I am not a website designer.

It was your question and response, not mine. I just responded to it, and now regretting I had. I can see how warmly it was recieved.

If it even matters to you. But then, you may not give anymore of a rats ass than I do.. You've made that perfectly clear to me.
    Again, gotta agree with Bob here. You ask a question, then disagree with honest answers from guys who read and don't post. Forums are a real interesting place. Take Eli for example, never met her. She seems like a great, sweet woman, full of life and laughs. But why would ANYONE try so damned hard to fit in on a boating website? I watched her "over there" when she first came around. She was treated extraordinarly poorly. I felt bad for her, all I could do was close the forum and think what a bunch of rat fuck guys would say those kind of things about a woman.

THAT is not being inclusive. If she was just being "hazed" screw that, it's an internet forum. Who wants that? I wander over here and POOF!! there she is, accepted. That said, nearly 100 percent of the posters here came from there, why? Is this beach better than that beach?

I don't have the answers, just a fresh set of eyes, that see's things pretty clearly. If you can't see the clique building, sorry.

Back at the very beginning of this forum. I posted something I cannot find now. I predicted this very thing would happen. Go look. With as few posts as I have it should be easy to find. I just can't work the search function properly. Completely predicable behavior.