A little trip yesterday with the Bullhead 4-Wheelers

We had a chance to make a run with the Bullhead 4-Wheeler's yesterday up above lake Mojave.

We started on Katherine Mine road just outside the gate to Katherine's Landing and made a loop up the mountains toward Princess if you know the area. There were 21 jeeps including 3 Cherokees that participated.....well 20 and a Suzuki Samurai

We stopped for a nice lunch about 2/3 of the way through at the Tyro abandoned mine and had a chance to explore the tunnels there which were pretty cool if you've ever been there (sorry no pics of the mine).

All in all it was about 25 miles of some pretty narrow off-road trails with over 2500' of vertical change from the lake to the highest point of the route. The scenery was pretty awesome and while 90% of the trail was pretty easy there were a couple of places that were just a bit dicey and we survived with no incidents.

What did the rest of you guys do this weekend??

Name:  IMG_1101.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  79.3 KBName:  IMG_1105.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  86.1 KBName:  IMG_1106.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  84.4 KBName:  IMG_1100.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  68.3 KBName:  IMG_1099.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  60.7 KB

I envy those guys. Someday. Looks like a good time to me.

One more.......almost forgot the best picture of the trip

Name:  IMG_1118.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  85.0 KB

Very nice!!!

Just saw this thread. Looks like a good time, but I'm thinking that is more of a Jeep club than a 4-Wheeler club. I can't believe there wasn't a single early Bronco in the group.(I know, Jeeps and Broncos don't mix without a lot of ribbing) It's been a long time since I've had the Bronco out wheeling and I do miss it, but you just won't find places to wheel like that in Iowa. And if I'm towing a toy out west to play, it will be the boat not the Bronco.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel