Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We used to do some crazy stuff in Glamis. We has this thing called night train, where we'd lie down as close to the track and let it buzz over our heads as it went by. Some guys got so close, they'd rest their heads on the wooden slats. We stopped doing it when one guy got hit with something a car was dragging. Luckily he saw it coming and only took a hit to the back and ended up with a big bruise. Just one of the stupid things done after drinking by the fire all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohica View Post
    We used to do some crazy stuff in Glamis. We has this thing called night train, where we'd lie down as close to the track and let it buzz over our heads as it went by. Some guys got so close, they'd rest their heads on the wooden slats. We stopped doing it when one guy got hit with something a car was dragging. Luckily he saw it coming and only took a hit to the back and ended up with a big bruise. Just one of the stupid things done after drinking by the fire all night.
    Yikes. Like literally under the train? Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    The HOBO thing is pretty popular in the midwest / heartland and they have HOBO conventions... Hop trains, ride the rails... One of my close friends's husband (retired from AT&T and Military) is way into the HOBO lifesyle/taking trips on the trains...

I would like to try it sometime, we are located on a major east/west line...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Yikes. Like literally under the train? Wow

I think he meant laying as close as you can on the outside the rails, not in the middle.

I heard a story that a guy was doing that and the train was dragging a cable and killed the guy...damned near cut him in half. Could be Urban Legend though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post
    I think he meant laying as close as you can on the outside the rails, not in the middle.

I heard a story that a guy was doing that and the train was dragging a cable and killed the guy...damned near cut him in half. Could be Urban Legend though.
    Urban legends are so much more interesting than the truth

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    The HOBO thing is pretty popular in the midwest / heartland and they have HOBO conventions... Hop trains, ride the rails... One of my close friends's husband (retired from AT&T and Military) is way into the HOBO lifesyle/taking trips on the trains...

I would like to try it sometime, we are located on a major east/west line...
    I saw a big special on Nat Geo or Discovery about this. Seems really cool. Just riding the train around wherever it takes you. Would be fun to try at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post

Probably true. Trains have all manner of shit dragging along side or falling off of them. I won't even pull up close to a crossing when the gates come down. I worked with a guy that had his face cut pretty bad by some banding hanging off while he was bending over to pull his switch key out of a lock, that train was only going 10mph.