Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    This time of year head north towards the south end of newport coast...where the sand meets the cliffs along PCH. Start your drift about 60-75' of water. Bounce some lead head plastics off the bottom for some incredible Halibut fishing this time of year. Careful of hooking a mantis shrimp off the bottom...they can cut off your fingers easily.
    Will have to check this out after the 'storm' rolls through.

Gave it another whirl.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393556540.580795.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  28.5 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393556560.126621.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  47.1 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393556576.460911.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393556586.649986.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  97.8 KB

Sent from my Kyocera.

Thanks for the pics! Any of the boat?

Where did you go? Looks like a few biters but only one keeper...that's if that calico made the cut.

Looks like a Sand Bass, short hali and a mud marlin. It also looks like a great time those bat rays can put up a decent fight.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hallett21 View Post
    Thanks for the pics! Any of the boat?
    I'll try and grab some. It's a 13' Boston Whaler.

Where did you go? Looks like a few biters but only one keeper...that's if that calico made the cut.
    Newport Harbor. Calico was short as well. 7 fish in 2 hours makes for a pretty good day

Quote Originally Posted by bb88 View Post
    Looks like a Sand Bass, short hali and a mud marlin. It also looks like a great time those bat rays can put up a decent fight.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Mud Marlin? Is that what the thing with the teeth is? Wasn't sure that it is, my buddy caught two of them. Enough to pull some drag, we were hoping it was a legal Hali!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393563411.298361.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393563421.088982.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  74.4 KB

Sent from my Kyocera.

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    I'll try and grab some. It's a 13' Boston Whaler.

Newport Harbor. Calico was short as well. 7 fish in 2 hours makes for a pretty good day

Mud Marlin? Is that what the thing with the teeth is? Wasn't sure that it is, my buddy caught two of them. Enough to pull some drag, we were hoping it was a legal Hali!
    Mud Marlin was the bat ray. And I think BB88 was right...looks like a sandy not a calico. I have no idea what that "thing" is. Do you have more pics of it?

I was wondering where all that green murky water was coming from. You guys stayed in the harbor? You poaching the bait barges?

13' Whalers are bitchen boats... Sure miss mine. Lets see some pictures!

Mud Marlin was the bat ray. And I think BB88 was right...looks like a sandy not a calico. I have no idea what that "thing" is. Do you have more pics of it?

I was wondering where all that green murky water was coming from. You guys stayed in the harbor? You poaching the bait barges?
    Ohhh gotcha. Yeah, it does look more like a sandy now that I know what I'm looking at. Yeah, was kind of short on time and didn't want to waste/risk time if the swell kicked up some. All of this talk of the perfect storm and all. Haven't tried that yet, anchored up next to a couple different buoy markers and the bite was on.