Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by She's Mine View Post
    I do have to say this drive does have a completely different feel and at first it was a little un-nerving, but once I figured it out all was good!
    so your happy with the scx lower..what prop did you end up with?

WMC
    Great news. You're happy. See you at DS

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Mike I'm glad it ran good. We still have more setup work but at least you are boating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntington Beach, CA/ Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    so your happy with the scx lower..what prop did you end up with?
    I love the idea that I only have to change the oil every 10 hours and not gears every 50 hours.

So what are you going to do? Are you going to goo with the SC or SCX? If you want reliability and top end isn't super important then go with the SCX. If you're looking for top end go with the SCX -4. It really all depends on what you want to do. If you want to boat and have a great time and not worry about your shit breaking I say go with the SCX, yes you'll lose 10-15mph. At 100 my boat with solid, crazy solid, and I know I can still get more out of her but my whole goal was to cruise faster at a lower rpm and that is what I'm doing. I'm cruising 10 miles an hour slower than my last motor's top speed but I'm only at 4400 rpms rather than being on the rev limiter. The spacer Dustin put in didn't help at all so he will be removing that next time we're in Havasu.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by She's Mine View Post
    I love the idea that I only have to change the oil every 10 hours and not gears every 50 hours.

So what are you going to do? Are you going to goo with the SC or SCX? If you want reliability and top end isn't super important then go with the SCX. If you're looking for top end go with the SCX -4. It really all depends on what you want to do. If you want to boat and have a great time and not worry about your shit breaking I say go with the SCX, yes you'll lose 10-15mph. At 100 my boat with solid, crazy solid, and I know I can still get more out of her but my whole goal was to cruise faster at a lower rpm and that is what I'm doing. I'm cruising 10 miles an hour slower than my last motor's top speed but I'm only at 4400 rpms rather than being on the rev limiter. The spacer Dustin put in didn't help at all so he will be removing that next time we're in Havasu.
    We're going to go with the SCX..Dustin talked me out of selling my SC lower in case we want to make some fast passes (shootout) It doesn't take that much to swap out a lower. I got to say it's not difficult to change out a lower unless your someone like....HOTBOAT...
    Glad your happy with it!So what was the weird things it did to your boat handling wise?

WMC
    We're going to go with the SCX..Dustin talked me out of selling my SC lower in case we want to make some fast passes (shootout) It doesn't take that much to swap out a lower. I got to say it's not difficult to change out a lower unless your someone like....HOTBOAT...
    Glad your happy with it!So what was the weird things it did to your boat handling wise?
    Hotboat has 2 drives that he swaps out every 20hr or something like that

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

It's "you're"

Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    It's "you're"
    I knew you were good for something...Mr Spellcheck

I knew you were good for something...Mr Spellcheck
    Yeah, I managed to graduate

Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Yeah, I managed to graduate
    Grade school??..I didn't think they had College or Universities back then....