Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tuesday Night, Go Pedal mount done, check it off...also ordered fuel fills and oil cooler brackets from the new Dana Marine today, been trying to get them since July
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Very nice. Going to be a sweet boat once it's all done!

My pile of unpolished has gotten smaller! Cave Pedal, sterring brackets, transon angle for filters and fuel pump and hatch hinge mounts done. only thing left on the bench right now are engine rails, I need to do these again.
    Last edited by Sanger_Spectra; 10-19-2014 at 06:56 PM.

when it comes to boats and many other things, I have always been influenced by my Dad, growing up around his wood decker and watching him build and rig things influenced the way I see things and expect them to look. There was one thing that cought my attention when I was very young that wasnt my dads doing but my cousin Lee.
    Lee had a 69 Eliminator Flat with a 426 Hemi, the thing had evey type of induction on it you could imiagine, from Webers to Blowers and twin dominators with a nitros shot, Lee was always playing. The part of that boat that stuck with me all these years were his oil filters, ya oil filters, as a kid riding in the back seat with a blown Hemi and I dug the filters. Lee had two remote filters with cool finned aluminum covers and I was always going to have those too. I have one on my flat but you really dont see it, well I decided that I wated to see them on the Spectra. I am running a remote oil filter and water seperators for each tank, these will mount to the aluminum channel running across the transom. I have had the covers for years but justr picked up the filter heads and they are way cool. I had to do a little shaping on the filter cover and i really like the way they came out, there will be three of these things across the back. Was able to locate a short water seperator that fits inside the cover! I was thinking I would have to cut a hole for the drain plug but these all fit real nice, local NAPA guy is great and found these for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanger_Spectra View Post
    when it comes to boats and many other things, I have always been influenced by my Dad, growing up around his wood decker and watching him build and rig things influenced the way I see things and expect them to look. There was one thing that cought my attention when I was very young that wasnt my dads doing but my cousin Lee.
    Lee had a 69 Eliminator Flat with a 426 Hemi, the thing had evey type of induction on it you could imiagine, from Webers to Blowers and twin dominators with a nitros shot, Lee was always playing. The part of that boat that stuck with me all these years were his oil filters, ya oil filters, as a kid riding in the back seat with a blown Hemi and I dug the filters. Lee had two remote filters with cool finned aluminum covers and I was always going to have those too. I have one on my flat but you really dont see it, well I decided that I wated to see them on the Spectra. I am running a remote oil filter and water seperators for each tank, these will mount to the aluminum channel running across the transom. I have had the covers for years but justr picked up the filter heads and they are way cool. I had to do a little shaping on the filter cover and i really like the way they came out, there will be three of these things across the back. Was able to locate a short water seperator that fits inside the cover! I was thinking I would have to cut a hole for the drain plug but these all fit real nice, local NAPA guy is great and found these for me.

Very very cool. Can't wait for more updates on this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

built the brackets to hang the filters and fuel pump, had to make a 78 degree angel out of a 90. Used a lot heat and hydraulic press and we got it, the filters all hang straight now not laid back. Also finished up ski tow, had to make a stainless plug for the bottom of the tube, welded a 1/2" nut to it and then welded the plug to the tube, the ski tow is bolted down from under the 4 inch angle an the bottom hosing is done the same way.

Great job on all of the aluminum brackets and mounts.