Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

California Drought

So reading the news the other day I learned something I'd never known about NorCal, Sacramento in particular. Residents are just now getting water meters installed at their homes. Until sometime recent, everyone paid a flat fee of some sort, regardless of useage. That kinda took be aback. What was explained is it was a policy from back in the 1800's Gold Rush days....blah, blah. They figured their supply was endless. Other NorCal areas have adopted meters over the past few decades but Sac has been the last holdout.
    The other big thing in this article is that NorCal'er households use twice as much water than the average SoCal'er, still. Being unmetered and unworried about drought they have not accustomed themselves to be conservative like the SoCal'ers, who have dealt with drought, rationed water use and dead/dry lawns for decades.
    just some interesting tidbits I thought share-worthy and perhaps worth conversating about.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

GRADS
    Yes, we just started paying for metered water a couple of years ago after the meters were installed. And as far as using twice as much....well it is our water after all. You should be thankful we give you enough to flush.

Didn't realize that, very interesting.

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So reading the news the other day I learned something I'd never known about NorCal, Sacramento in particular. Residents are just now getting water meters installed at their homes. Until sometime recent, everyone paid a flat fee of some sort, regardless of useage. That kinda took be aback. What was explained is it was a policy from back in the 1800's Gold Rush days....blah, blah. They figured their supply was endless. Other NorCal areas have adopted meters over the past few decades but Sac has been the last holdout.
    The other big thing in this article is that NorCal'er households use twice as much water than the average SoCal'er, still. Being unmetered and unworried about drought they have not accustomed themselves to be conservative like the SoCal'ers, who have dealt with drought, rationed water use and dead/dry lawns for decades.
    just some interesting tidbits I thought share-worthy and perhaps worth conversating about.
    Very interesting. I do believe that Grads started the bathroom ritual of "If it is yellow let it mellow", at least he said he was going to do that. I hope he doesn't run the water while he is brushing. He should also be taking 5 minute showers....

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Yes, we just started paying for metered water a couple of years ago after the meters were installed. And as far as using twice as much....well it is our water after all. You should be thankful we give you enough to flush.
    So what did you pay for water when charged the flat fee? Curious.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So what did you pay for water when charged the flat fee? Curious.
    About $15 a month

About $15 a month
    I will gladly pay you $30/mo for your share of water if you can deliver it to my house

GRADS
    By the way SoCal, I don't know what you do to our water but the stuff coming out of your tap taste like crap. Up here it is hard to tell the difference between bottled water and tap water.

By the way SoCal, I don't know what you do to our water but the stuff coming out of your tap taste like crap. Up here it is hard to tell the difference between bottled water and tap water.
    That's why I only drink beer or Vodka

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392936042.000282.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  70.5 KB

Sent from my Kyocera.