Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Take another HUGE swallow. Their union, its the god given right to strike, Know happens if you take that right away? Yep, they go on STRIKE

You are wrong when they get hired on they have to sign a contract that says they can not go on strike, most if not all unions where the employee work in an emergency type of job have to sign contract stating the same. What's with the drink kook aid thing?

Here is more on it.

"Some jurisdictions prohibit all strikes by public employees, under laws such as the "Taylor Law" in New York. Other jurisdictions impose strike bans only on certain categories of workers, particularly those regarded as critical to society: police and firefighters are among the groups commonly barred from striking in these jurisdictions. "

Quote Originally Posted by Hye power View Post
    Here is more on it.

"Some jurisdictions prohibit all strikes by public employees, under laws such as the "Taylor Law" in New York. Other jurisdictions impose strike bans only on certain categories of workers, particularly those regarded as critical to society: police and firefighters are among the groups commonly barred from striking in these jurisdictions. "
    Punishable by law right. What 10 to 20 hard time?
    I bet you bled for all those poor people that were sent home under the sequester and budget issues when they "shut down" the government. Hell, not a one got the paycheck until it was settled. Of course no ONE lost a dime over it. Just paid vacations in Hawaii while they worked it out.

Wake up Hallett, and take off the rose colored glasses. Where the hell do you think the term "blue flu" came from. Do you really believe they get paid the insane amount they do because they asked politely? Since you seem to be the genius authority on this. maybe you can explain WHY they or any government employee, at ANY government level needs to be unionized, and EXACTLY what it is this union does for them. You REALLY that naïve?
    Last edited by gn7; 02-18-2014 at 02:06 AM.

I have two neighbors that work for LAFD. They do very well. I believe they work 9 or 10 days a month, but these are 24 hour shifts. Some of the guys do day trades and they can be off for a while. The overtime is always available and they are eligible to retire at 48 or 50. One of them use to drive a LA Fire Crown Vic home, but haven't seen it in a while. This will really boil your blood:

http://www.dailynews.com/government-...n-at-same-time

NGE

My son started working at that In N Out many years ago. You are right, there is no place to park a firetruck. To make you feel a little better, firemen do not receive a 70% discount off their orders (like cops do) from In N Out. Oh Yeah, my neighbor always gives me crap how if he worked in the private sector, he can earn double or triple of what he makes now. I always tell him, anytime he wants to trade his $125k+ plus all the benefits, just let me know. Many of them have full time businesses (also). I do have to say that many of my friends (who were firemen) and other firemen get injured on the job - often. Back injuries and lung problems are very common.

Well this thread sure did stink up the place. Say bye bye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk