Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Proper use of a Fire Truck

I live near an In N Out Burger. I've noticed that the Fire Dept. drives their big ass truck there daily to get food. It doesn't fit in the parking lot so they park it on the street and put cones around it.

The other day I was at Vons. A few of the fire guys were at the meat counter picking up a shit load of New York steaks (must be nice). I head out to my car and notice that they drove the big ass truck there too.

So I'm curious... Why the hell does the fire dept need to drive that big ass truck everywhere? Isn't it a waste of tax payer money? I don't even drive my F250 to the store, I'll take my car because it's easier to park and costs less to drive. Then again I use common sense and don't enjoy pissing money away.

Can anyone explain why this is necessary? Someone please provide me with a logical explanation. I've seriously thought of writing a letter to the dept and the city but figured I'd ask around before doing so. I'm not trying to get all political but fuck... I have to write a pretty big fucking check to the IRS this year and for what?... For the government to piss it away on pointless shit!?
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 02-17-2014 at 07:54 PM.

In case they get a call while on their lunch run. Would take too much time to drive their lifted red trucks Fords back to the station to get into the fire truck.

Guessing in case there is a fire they don't have to drive back to the fire house to get the truck.

It's not like the entire dept goes to the store. Just one or two guys. You mean to tell me that when there's an emergency, every person on duty has to go on the call?

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    It's not like the entire dept goes to the store. Just one or two guys. You mean to tell me that when there's an emergency, every person on duty has to go on the call?
    They all want to do something. Generally one guy stays back to finish whatever level of Call of Duty they're on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    They all want to do something. Generally one guy stays back to finish whatever level of Call of Duty they're on.
    Haha! Yea these guys already get paid to nap, play video games and wash their trucks. I guess I'm just tired of seeing our hard earned money (taxes) go to waste on pointless shit.

Yeah, that's the reason

Like the WHOLE engine company is on that truck when they were at the Vons. Along with all their fire gear.

When it comes to money, it would be cheaper to have the stuff brought to the station special delivery buy a courier.

I like to think they need to drive the truck so that they are at least cleaning a truck that needs it, and not one they just cleaned yesterday, and the day before, and the day before.

The guy across the street from me has had 2 heart attacks in the past 2 years. Both time 4 engines showed up from 2 stations along with the paramedics truck. REALLY???

RULE #1, you want MORE money next year, you better spend every fucking dime we give and then some this year!!!

SAVING money is the farthest thing from the freek'n minds

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Yeah, that's the reason

Like the WHOLE engine company is on that truck when they were at the Vons. Along with all their fire gear.

When it comes to money, it would be cheaper to have the stuff brought to the station special delivery buy a courier.

I like to think they need to drive the truck so that they are at least cleaning a truck that needs it, and not one they just cleaned yesterday, and the day before, and the day before.

The guy across the street from me has had 2 heart attacks in the past 2 years. Both time 4 engines showed up from 2 stations along with the paramedics truck. REALLY???

RULE #1, you want MORE money next year, you better spend every fucking dime we give and then some this year!!!

SAVING money is the farthest thing from the freek'n minds

Funny you mention the neighbor. I have the same story on my street. Both times 3 trucks showed up. It's not even a fire call! These guys and gals are overpaid, have large pensions, healthcare and get to retire early for very minimal work. It's bullshit! Then to top it off they proudly waste our money.

Yep. They have to spend what's in the budget. They never have money left over and if they ever have to cut something, their salaries and pensions are the last to get discussed.

I agree with a courier. The stations have volunteers right? Give the aspiring fire fighter the bitch work and let him do in in a small pick up truck or a car.

I read somewhere that the average pay in CA for these guys is $118k. That's way too much! If the government can tell the private sector what we can pay our employees, we should be able to determine their pay. After all, at least we're the ones paying it.
    Last edited by niceguyeddie; 02-17-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Because they are HERO'S.....Duuuhhhh....!

GRADS
    Their moustaches will not fit in a standard size truck.